2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Consumer Review: My three years with the Marine

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

My three years with the Mariner Hybrid
By satisfied7 on

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put a lot of miles on my car with my sales job. When I first drove one, the seats fit me comfortably and it sat nicely. up high and with good back support. After three years, I couldn't be happier. I average 30.5 miles per gallon on my half highway, half city driving and it's peppy enough for me at the age of 56. I love my Sirius radio along with my navigation system. It won't have the pickup of cars I've owned in the past but how often do you really need it. When I've needed it, it responded adequately. I've put 105,000 miles on it in just over three years and all I've done is get the oil changed and kept up with the required maintenance at my dealer. I love it.

Love the steering wheel where my hands can sit at the bottom. Many cars today have it blocked down low and you have to hold on the sides. Love the comfy seats and the cup holders, adequate storage near the driver and the sirius radio and nav system.

Would like to have had nicer wheels. Don't think they are as attractive as the base model has. Wish the back storage area had a bit more room to get my golf clubs in without putting them at an angle. Just a bit boxy looking, but not bad.