Think Twice
By unhappyMLowner on
1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD
Purhased my ML after experience with 2 previous MercBenz. I was immediately disappointed just weeks after purchase, when the first vibrational noise (rattle) develop. Took it back to dealer who tried but could not fix. Six months later, the drivers window switch stopped working. Approx. 9 months later, a selinoid in the tranny had to be replaced. Then, the crank pully let go, damaging the oil pan and other parts of the engine...BOTTOM LINE- about $5500 and dozens of trips to the repair shops, I have had enough.
Favorite Features
This is a fun, responsive, and well hadled SUV for its heavy size. It is comfortable and most of the features are user friendly. The engine and transmission are resonsive.
Suggested Improvements
MercBenz - please go back to building cars the way you used to!!! Consumer - stay away until MercBenz goes back to building cars the way they used to!!!
By robin7161
on 01/05/12 22:49 PM (PST)

Hello, I am responding to your review on Edmond.com on 10/25/03. I am having the exact same key, ignition, replacing the whole switch box 3 times in order to work the windows and electrical problems with the 1998 ml320. They are telling me than my problem is rare which I am finding out is not true. They are also trying to charge me storage fees and want to charge me $6,000 to change out the whole system, as well as, repurchase more keys in order to use the new system. If you could please contact me as soon as possible and perhaps give me copies of repair records if you can obtain them I will be very appreciative. Thank you for your time. Robin WeeksFinancial@gmail.com