Used 1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:

Runs and runs
By Automan

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 13 years now and have replaced the auto tranny neutral switch, ignition coil, EGR, fan switch, radiator, and distributor. I love the auto tranny shift points but the idle vibration is a bit rough. The exhaust manifold nuts need to be retightened occasionally, but the car is otherwise very reliable and quick. It has almost 150,000 miles on everything but the engine, which has about 60,000 miles on it (previous owner overheated the first one). It will be hard for me to sell this car, but I think a good replacement will be a Mazdaspeed MX5 (now that I don't need to transport kids around).

Favorite Features

High torque and tranny shift points

Suggested Improvements

idle roughness

looks are decieving
By dbk

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

It is a great looking little car . Especially for as old as it is. Great paint and style, but it has been nothing but a money pit. I have spent hundreds this last year and am on foot as we speak. I would love to be driving it, but I am tired of calling tow trucks.

Favorite Features

Great style, shape, and paint. It's red and still bright and shiney like new.

Suggested Improvements

Bad gas mileage, Mechanical problems to many to name . Drinks oil like crazy. Electrical problems .

good cars cheap prices
By adrian

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

i have had mazda mx6's since i was fifteen years old all of them have been the gt turbo model except one but i put the turbo kit on it love the car its body resembles a nisan skyline which is the best car in the world anyway i love it never left me walking

Favorite Features

all wheel disc brakes,electronic vents,power glass sun roof,all wheel stearing,very fast with minor mods,auto adjusting suspension.

Suggested Improvements

bigger turbo, cup holders,

Grinder
By Scott

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

My Mazda has 333,000 miles on it. I purchased this car for a couple of hundred dollars and it runs like new. Great modern styling and fun car to drive. If you find one buy it!

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Old style seat belts

Great Little Car
By Mazda MX6

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1990 Mazda MX6 for my older sister, and I almost want to keep it for myself! Almost-modern styling, GREAT pick-up, comfortable ride, AWESOME gas mileage, and fun to drive. This little car can accelerate! My sister and I raced (I have a 1996 Mustang GT) and it stayed with me until about 30 mph. Love the car, it's cheap, reliable, and has cool, unique styling. If it's cheap, and in good shape... BUY IT! Great investment.

Favorite Features

Great pick-up, unique styling, roominess, gas mileage, and sportiness!