2005 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: We Love This Car

2005 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda MPV

We Love This Car
By Ray on

2005 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at others like the Sienna and Odyssey, but found the MPV a great value. It's just about the perfect size for my family. The power is good, though I have to agree with others that the transmission is a little sluggish. It handles quite nicely and the ride is quiet and comfortable. We purchased the "All Sport Package", the "LX Plus Package" and the DVD system. After rebates and some dealing, we paid about $9,000 less than a base Toyota Sienna LE. Overall this MPV has the most bang for the buck!

We love having the DVD system, the fold down third row seating, and the in-dash CD Changer. Again, the van is the perfect size for a family of three (soon to be growing to four).

The transmission shift lever is too long and blocks the view of the radio when it is put into drive. The only reason I am not too bothered by it is that the radio controls are on the steering wheel. Also, I would like to see the second row fold flat into the floor like Dodge/Chrysler's minivans.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review