Used 2007 Mazda B-Series Truck B4000 SE Cab Plus 4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:

B4000 4x4
By S Brown

2007 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 4 B4000 SE 4dr Cab Plus 4 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is one of the last of the true "mini-trucks", designed to be reasonably priced, reliable and adequate for most everyday needs where practicality overrides so-called modern convenience features (heaven forbid if someone had to actually drive a truck and not be able to talk on their cell, drink a coffee, play with their GPS, etc.).

It looks like a truck, it drives like a truck, it rides like a truck... I guess it's a truck, not a "Caddy in a truck's clothing. Looks great and fun to drive.

Headlight adjustment is a pita due to use of 4mm adjusting screws, which are difficult to reach. Would like to see availability of rear disc brakes.

My Little Truck
By Monty Mills

Say what you want about the bigger boys but my Mazda B-Series 4x4 is all I'll ever need in a truck. And its basic styling, outdated or not, looks better than any of them. Okay, it doesn't ride like a Cadillac but it's a heck of a lot more comfortable than any compact 'jelly bean on wheels' that I've driven. Fuel economy isn't what I'd like it to be but that's the price you pay for a 4x4. This is my third B-Series in a row and after test driving the others, I see no reason why there won't be a fourth. My only fear is that Mazda will read some of those "expert reviews" and turn their truck into an ugly, overpriced Canyon, Dakota or Tacoma etc.

Styling - exterior and interior. Total reliability. Interior stowage space. Driving Comfort (keeping in mind, it is a truck). On-the-fly 4x4 shift. Sound system. A/C C/C

Improve fuel economy. Bring back the rear cargo light. Install heated mirrors. Replace carpet floor mats with rubber mats. Install side air bags.

2007 Mazda B4000 4x4
By Phil

This is an outstanding truck. However, even with the extended cab its strictly a two seater. We originally purchased it as a towing vehicle - we pull a 4,800lb travel trailer. I barely feel the trailer on the back. Nothing overly fancy, no, it doesn't offer leather seats etc., but it has a nice, crisp interior. Ride is a little stiff but very comfortable nonetheless, even on long hauls. It's built like a tank. Compact size is great in town and out. I'm too old for recreational off-roading but I do drive on rough back 'roads' (more like paths) and in lots of snow and this truck has never come close to getting stuck. We love it - my wife just traded her car in for her own 2008.

Clean interior - it's functional & comfortable. Solid truck, solid feeling ride and huge towing capacity for its size.

Factory GPS (curved dash and low ceiling to windshield makes after market ones annoying to use). Accessory electrical outlets should be lower to the floor - they are in the middle of the dash now.