Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (98 reviews )

Interior art gallery
By Col. Bob Olson

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm an octogenarian so when I give up driving myself I know the rear seat has plenty of room and comfort.

Favorite Features

The glove like leather texture of the seats says class loud and clear

Suggested Improvements

Glove compartment needs redesign.

Bruce's review
By Bruce

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle I have owned. I traded an S-Type Jag and there is no comparison. the room and quietness is fantastic. The ride is very smooth and the quality of the car seems to be excellent.

Favorite Features

Interior luxury features like the oscillating a/c vents to the heated and cooled front seats

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling is not as unique as some other cars.

Excellent car
By Jeff

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LS 430 and this car is a dream to drive. Quiet, reliable and good gas mileage. I looked at several other cars because I thought I might want something different. Nothing compared when all things were considered. Absolutely fantastic car!

Favorite Features

Reliability, quiet drive, interior. Bluetooth phone and nav system are great

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid model

Great Ride !
By Chief 1

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent workmanship. Best engine/transmission function I have experienced. It is so smooth and quiet I had to learn to watch the tac. to see if it is running. The sixth gear allows it to run at 80mph at just 2100 rpm. When asked, the 4000 lbs. will do 0 to sixty in under 6 sec. Almost all comforts have been provided such as air 10 air bags, 10 way heated/cooled seats, dim/tilt down mirrors. We bought it as a road car and while it isn't a "sport feel" drive, it provides a strong performance and safe feel with adaquate road comfort. If it continues to satisfy I will buy this brand car again.

Favorite Features

workmanship and driving experience

Suggested Improvements

The heated seats should heat the back portion of the seat. This may be corrected at my first free service.

A true luxury car!
By Tim

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 2004 LS 430 for a 2005 LS 430 - wanted the 18" wheels and a lighter color. Although the Black Cherry Pearl of my 2004 was beautiful, it was a nightmare to keep clean. Traded for the Crystal White. Much easier to maintain the appearance and I love the sportiness of the bigger wheels. They cause a slightly stiffer ride, but coming from a cloud to a lesser cloud...? One amazing experience: I traveled from York, PA to Williamsburg, VA on a business trip so I had the opportunity to check strictly highway gas mileage. Amazing - I got just over 30MPG! 271 miles on nine gallons. In a V8, rear-wheel-drive car. Unbelievable if I hadn't done it myself.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride. High quality interior materials, fit and finish. Before the two LS430s, I had owned an 02 and 99 Acura RL. Nice cars but not a Lexus. I doubt that I can go back. I tested BMW 545, Audi A8, MB E500 and CLS500. I would have paid more for less reliability/lower re-sale value.

Suggested Improvements

Mark Levinson sound system without having to buy the Navigation. I have a portable Magellan RoadMate 700 that I can put in any of my cars and also take out of town for use in rental cars. Can't justify the expense of factory installed - they bring very little additional re-sale value.