Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (99 reviews )

Love the car
By rhpcpa

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Owned my 2005 LS 430 for three months and find myself loving it more everyday. I actually went to the dealership to buy a new GS 300 but I drove the LS 430 and I was so impressed that I purchased it.

Keyless access is great. Love the Mark Lev. sound system. Ride is quiet and comfortable.

Fix the lag when you hit the gas. It tends to take a second to "kick into gear" when pushed hard, but would still buy it again.

Interior art gallery
By Col. Bob Olson

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm an octogenarian so when I give up driving myself I know the rear seat has plenty of room and comfort.

The glove like leather texture of the seats says class loud and clear

Glove compartment needs redesign.

Bruce's review
By Bruce

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle I have owned. I traded an S-Type Jag and there is no comparison. the room and quietness is fantastic. The ride is very smooth and the quality of the car seems to be excellent.

Interior luxury features like the oscillating a/c vents to the heated and cooled front seats

Exterior styling is not as unique as some other cars.

Excellent car
By Jeff

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LS 430 and this car is a dream to drive. Quiet, reliable and good gas mileage. I looked at several other cars because I thought I might want something different. Nothing compared when all things were considered. Absolutely fantastic car!

Reliability, quiet drive, interior. Bluetooth phone and nav system are great

Hybrid model

Great Ride !
By Chief 1

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent workmanship. Best engine/transmission function I have experienced. It is so smooth and quiet I had to learn to watch the tac. to see if it is running. The sixth gear allows it to run at 80mph at just 2100 rpm. When asked, the 4000 lbs. will do 0 to sixty in under 6 sec. Almost all comforts have been provided such as air 10 air bags, 10 way heated/cooled seats, dim/tilt down mirrors. We bought it as a road car and while it isn't a "sport feel" drive, it provides a strong performance and safe feel with adaquate road comfort. If it continues to satisfy I will buy this brand car again.

workmanship and driving experience

The heated seats should heat the back portion of the seat. This may be corrected at my first free service.