2007 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Better than all
By Norris on 07/01/07 11:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the 325i, G35, TL, A4 and needless to say this car takes the cake! Luxurious, fun to drive, great interior insulation (a semi can pass and you hardly hear it), excellent sound and navi system, cooling seats, etc. Very user friendly car, excellent workmanship, and the red with tan interior gets the looks from all. Valet drivers park it in the front for you. I love this car!

IS 250 AWD
By Rick on 06/28/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great style, performance and mileage for a 4-door sedan. Many luxury features and comforts. The BMW and Audi certainly have this car on pure performance. But if you are looking for a great mix of comfort and performance, this Japanese designed car beats the utilitarian design of the German cars. Nicely priced!

Great compromise car
By IJ on 06/24/07 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car is a pleasure! I had to get rid of an impractical sports car (2005 RX-8 6MT) and needed true 4 doors, more space and comfort, and I got it without compromises! Yes, the shifter is easy, the Lexus doesn't make you work for a shift like the Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT did nor is it as precise as the RX-8, but it is more forgiving, allowing you to focus on the road and enjoying the great interior rather than focusing on making the quick shift. Yes, it could use more power, but I like the thought of my suspension being able to handle anything the engine can throw at it! Great car, in and out, love the 6MT and love everything about it! Lexus has me sold for life.

Amazing Car for the Price
By Shana on 06/18/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the IS 250 and all I can say is I love it. I was used to more horsepower (owned a 2005 Maxima) and thought I would miss it, but the ride in the IS 250 is so luxurious it makes up for it! The body style is beautiful and interior is equally as stylish. Best car in its class.

No Regrets
By ross on 06/05/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the G35x, but I just couldn't get past the styling of the IS. The G35 greatly improved the interior materials, but it still didn't compare to the Lexus. Great touches and features like interior lighting, auto dimming of the nav at night tied to the dash lights and light sensor (and not just a manual nav setting), easy bluetooth, buttery leather, etc.

Superlative!
By Stephen on 05/20/07 01:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at the BMW and Audi and made the only decision after driving all. The Lexus is not only better equipped, it's a luxury car in all aspects. The fact that it is backed by Japanese reliability and build quality nailed the South African BMW out of the equation; particularly as I am extremely fussy about my build quality. That left the A4, which is also a superbly built car, but after driving all three and in particular drive both and I was left with no doubt the Lexus is superlative! I should say Germans be very scared... but it's obvious the horse has already bolted!

Love It!
By Charlie T on 05/03/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a mercedes C230. I recently made a switch to the IS 250 Lexus. The car drives and handles excellent. The road noise was much less than the BMW 3 series and Audi A4 I drove. The interior is about as nice as I could find in the market and the car has not had any problems. It feels more like 240 horsepower even though it's rated less. It's very fun to drive. They really built a great car with the new IS. I'm never driving anything but a Lexus ever again.

Love this car!!
By Joey on 04/29/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for over 4 months and love it! Don't buy this car if you need rear passenger space. This car is comfortable for driver and one passenger only. It has performance brake pads which make the brakes a little jumpy.

The Wife is HAPPY!
By Angie & Bobby on 04/28/07 05:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first, we're hesitant to lean more towards a Japanese luxury car, but when we test drove it, my wife and I just looked at each other and said, this is very comfy and the interior design is very classy. We say, the overall design is great.

Great car but i'm in a dilemma...
By LT on 04/23/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm in Toronto. Had it just after BoxingDay. Great car indeed. But the reason why I went for Lexus was for quality and quiet rides. To my disappointment, there's significant tire noise (i got 225/45/17 Dunlops) especially at highway speed. Bumpy rides add noise to interior. Got to turn up the stereo in order to "enjoy" my classical music. Hurts my ears at the end of trip. Faint squeaky noise from interior panels (doors, dash, somewhere at rear). Very small armrest storage. Jumpy tranny in slow traffics at 1st & 2nd gear, it seemed confused. Thinking of trading it in with an ES 350. Too bad! Sorry to say these negative things but they're facts. Should test drive it for a full day.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.