Oops I purchased a Freelandrover
By steenberg on
2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)
Having now read all the reviews, I no longer feel alone. Day 2, my Landy was back in the shop, transmission replacement parts, repair 1 week. Brakes and rotors at oil change frequency. Consistent electrical problems. Coolant leak in side the care under drivers door mat. Non stop transmission problems, vibration on acceleration. 2 months after the first coolant leak, the same problem. Battery died. Electrical window problems. I have extended warranty and am $100 out, sick of taking the car back to the dealer. Car is not reliable. Dealer has been excellent! This year I have driven a rental car more than my own car, is this a lemon?
Favorite Features
Style, exterior design.
Suggested Improvements
Engine and electrical system, braking system.
By stremy
on 03/22/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

Absolutely dreadful!! Landrover will never be the same again..quite frankly i thing LR have ruined its reputation. I have had every problem with my freelander, after purchasing,,,it now has 65,000 miles and ive had Head gasket replacement, faulty motors, relays faulty rear door, belts all sorts of electrical issues, leaky sunroof...the one positive is the actual body/shell seems very durable....