2009 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Loved It, Sorta Love It Still

2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Loved It, Sorta Love It Still
By Jess on

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Spent a PA winter driving circles around other ppl and going up hills passing everyone. FUN. It's cute, way more economical than my Jeep was and super reliable in terms of the engine. After a year, however, the left rear side is creaking like an old house & like another reviewer said, my back hinge is rusting off and I have to get another. The hinges were on back order so this is a common problem apparently. The interior is cheap, you can't go in there without scratching it. Great engine, love the look and simplicity of it, but the rest is not holding up to my expectations at the moment. I don't think a car should have ANY problems after a year, just saying. Overall I still love it.

Simple efficient interior, outside design(so much better looking than the Tuscon), standard features, great dealership(so far, we'll see), price and warranty. Reliable-drove it back and forth from college in rain, sleet and snow with no problems.

I hope they fixed things for the 10-11 models, such as outdated transmission & the cheap interior materials. If they have I would consider trading in my 09 because I do love this car & fixing some things would make it perfect in my opinion. But who is to say 10-11 models won't have other problems?