2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Right Stuff
By Mush on 07/14/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The spectra 5 auto is fun and easy to drive. It looks great, holds the road real good and handles better than the Camry LE 2008 sedan which I test drove. I also test drove the Honda Civic 2008 but with all elements considered, I bought the Kia. Kia has good driving visibility (I am short) and the hatchback is a plus in this price range (cheaper by about $5K).

Surprisingly Good Car
By jabhiji on 07/14/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a LX for about a month now and have been pleasantly surprised at the gas economy and reliability so far. Most of the miles so far are on the highway (with the A/C on) and I have consistently obtained 34+ MPG, with the maximum so far being 37.8 MPG. The vehicle handles very well on the highway, but can be a bit awkward at low speeds. Does not handle turns very well, even at low speeds. Feels like the car is going to rollover if you take those curved exit ramps at more than 30 to 35 mph. But overall, considering the price, I am a very satisfied owner.

good car
By bnk on 07/02/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i had a rodeo before so it sucked the gas and I went and bought this car. It's not too fast but it's the sx so it's sporty. Wish it had chrome wheels and a system

Can't beat 'em
By AJ on 06/28/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 05 Kia sportage v6 for the spectra5 sx and I gotta say, you can't go wrong with these cars. I had to trade for better mileage which wasn't very good on the sportage and I'm glad I did. The spectra is fun, sprite, well equipped, and a lot of bang for the buck. I compared Mazda3, Pontiac Vibe and Chevy Malibu and in the end I stuck with what I knew.

More than I expectedÂ…
By Islanders on 06/27/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had the Spectra5 for a week, but I'm 6'3'' and have plenty of head room and enough leg room in both the front and back seats. The cabin is roomy with good cargo space. Nice trim kit, power windows, locks, strong AC. A great car to drive. I'm also impressed with the build quality. Nice solid feel to the transmission, and engine, etc from the first time I test drove it. Getting 30 mpg mixed driving with AC on. I'm trying to conserve fuel, but also haven't been passed by anyone. That might drop a little if it is a real grid lock urban crawl. So far I'm very pleased. I had a trailer hitch installed for a bike rack. Also getting Thule roof racks and sat radio. Great car.

Great value, like all the "kiadai" cars
By Jose in Dallas on 06/10/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this vehicle is great for a subcompact. The Hyundai 2.0 L sounds fantastic at 6000 RPM but gets rather thirsty. Engine noise is very little until you get on the freeway. Very comfy suspension with the smoothness of a Caddy until you take a sharp corner where it leans like a pickup truck. The overall build and quality of these Korean cars (Hyundai & Kia) has been improving every year but they are still not on the same level as the Japanese. With the 100,000 Mi warranty the vehicle is a great value for the price.

Big Suprise
By PT on 06/07/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We walked away with this bargain for under 12k. This has been completely reliable and fun to drive for us. Very spacious interior and you feel completely secure wrapped in airbags, this is honestly the only car I have ever really enjoyed owning. Highly recommended by his owner.

Replaced a 1997 Gr Caravan
By Mike on 06/03/08 10:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We had just purchased an Optima for my wife and I had noticed the Spectre5 on the lot. Not many cars make me stop and give them a second look, but this one did. Some quick reference checks and I bought it 3 days later. Although I miss the room in my Caravan I have to say this is one of the most fun cars to drive. Gas mileage has been just under 30 MPG in mostly city type driving but I know that will get better as it breaks in. Although no car is perfect I haven't found any major items to complain about. There has been some talk of Kia not honoring their warranty but you just need to maintain very through records if not serviced at a KIA dealer,

08 Kia a good buy
By irishgreg83 on 05/23/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my kia for about three weeks now, and I have to say I really like this car. I was a little worried switching to a 4cyl foreign car, after drving 6 cyl chevys for as long as I have been driving. The car feels very sturdy while driving it. The 2.0 liter engine can get up and go although the engine gets kinda load over 4000 rpm. I get greats gas mileage, sometimes close to 38 mpg on the highway at reasonable speeds (80 mph or less). The drivers seat leaves a good bit of room for the driver which is nice if you are 6 ft plus, and there is plenty of head room. All in all I am happy I chose this car you cant beat it for the price.

Luv my car
By kath on 05/19/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I luv this car! I have gone from a suburban to this highly fuel efficient compact car. I drive approx. 60+ miles per day. It is very smooth and fun to drive. I thought the big car small car transition would be hard. Not a problem at all. But, when I go from this car to my husband's suburban I feel like I'm driving a bus. Have had about 1 month and getting 31 MPG in town. My mom bought one at the same time and she can't keep my dad out of it. It's hard to explain. You just have to test drive. It has a lot of get up and go. Very easy to maneuver. Can't say enough good things. Have the SX standard. Mom has the SX automatic, sister the EX, nephew the SX and I will be going back for one for my son.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.