2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

My first KIA
By tig2002

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first KIA out of 14 other cars I owned in the past and I am very impressed. My 4-cylinder AWD Sorento LX gets the best gas mileage in area with altitude of 4,300 feet out of any SUV I owned in the past – 24.3MPG in mixed 50% city/50% highway driving without even breaking the 5K barrier. I am also impressed with is the built quality and quality of materials, both interior and exterior. The ride is a little stiff but soft (no rattles or squeaks), which makes this SUV let you feel it and handle better. The interior is designed very well. I am not so much impressed with looks of the exterior but I don’t really care whether I get compliments. Test drive it and you will be thrilled.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work. The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento. When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014. WOW! I really liked it. The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle. My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great. The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

Favorite Features

Comfort! There is plenty of room for me and Im a big guy, 6" 220lbs. The back seat is alo roomy. I dont have the third row so I cant comment on that. The cargo room is top notch.The Bluetooth is great as is the voice command. The instrument cluster is great and easy to read. The quality of the vehicle is top notch. I get comments on my 2014 Sorento all the time about how it looks and how comfortable it is. Im very pleased with my Kia and will buy another Kia product without hesitation.

Suggested Improvements

Im happy with mine!

Kia Sorento
By brianv2

2014 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife needed a new car and we wanted something that could haul 5 comfortably, and occasionally squeeze up to 2 more. Reliability was also very important. In addition, my wife loves all the little comfort features, so these were the main 2 criteria. After extensive research, I narrowed down the list to: Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Toyota Highlander. Personally, I preferred the Santa Fe, but there are way fewer of these on the market (we were looking for a late model lightly used vehicle to not take the big depreciation hit). So, it was between the Santa Fe and Highlander. I like the Highlander, but I was able to get a newer Sorento with less miles and more features.

Favorite Features

* Peppy V6 * Cooled/heated seats * Panoramic sunroof * UVO system * backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Extend the wheel base 4-5 inches to make the 3rd row more of an every day option.

Excellent SUV but one major flaw
By sprintrps

2014 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The Sorento EX has it all for the price. I am 6'5" and it has plenty of room with easy ingress/egress for me. The SUV is fast, quiet and very solid. There are no rattles or squeaks. I am a conservative driver and my around town driving has measured 22.9 mpg. Very happy with that. The transmission is not smooth, shifts at strange times, downshifts with an impact and "clunks" the first 1st to 2nd gear shift of the day.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the climate control, leather interior and back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest issue with this SUV are the red indicator needles on the gauges. As noted on many websites, there is no way to see your speed. The speedometer needle is very small and polarized sunglasses will wash it out completely. You have to remove your glasses to see how fast you are going or to set the cruise control. I do not know how KIA could have missed this obvious issue. Also the transmission has a mind of its own. Upshifts are very hard and downshifts are a jolt Dealer has not been able to fix this issue.

2014 Sorento SX V6
By 4norm78

2014 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my Kia at a Cadillac dealership. The car was about a year old with 3500 miles on it. The price was $8000 below sticker. For the past 4 months, the car has been stellar. Excellent ride, good handling, excellent gas mileage and it's comfortable. The car was well equipped with panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, power folding mirrors, nav, bluetooth, music hard drive, dual power seats, side radar, 3rd seat, rear a/c. I've gotten 24-25 mpg with regular driving around the city. It gets 29-30 on the road.

Favorite Features

Love the sunroof and the nav.

Suggested Improvements

The carpeting is shameful. Looks more like pads. The floormats look better than the carpeting. Headrest need to be redesigned - totally uncomfortable.