Used 2014 Kia Cadenza Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Cadenza - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Cadenza

View reviews for a specific Cadenza model:

26,000 miles
By Tunabear1

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Still enjoying the ride.

Dread eventually having to replace expensive 19" tires.

When I'm using the wipers, I wish they would automatically sweep once each time I step off the brakes (like in my former '01 Acura TL).

Trunk door collects rainwater which drips into cargo compartment when opened.

Badly obstructed side-view vision.

Cady Cadenza
By James Barthel

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. I traded in a 2011 Optima SX T GDI, for the additional comfort,ease of getting in and out. I did lose some of the handling and performance but for me I needed the comfort.

Complete Car for the Majority of People
By Stan Cochran

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

You should shop and drive all the vehicles you have an interest in, investigate the cost of ownership, and the intangible pleasure factor of driving the car in as many situations as possible. Then and only then should the hesitant people should drive the Cadenza, with the comparative of your chosen vehicles, make an informed decision especially when you look at the cost to operate and buy plus the warranty. The answer is so apparent that Kia Cadenza is the right choice if those guidelines are important to you.
I have never had anyone in my car that wasn't impressed and some ultimately bought a Cadenza. the ONLY issue I have had with my car is that upon starting after sitting for a short while, I get timing chain noise on startup. I have talked with other owners that do not have this issue and Kia is doing everything to fix the problem. When the 2016 Cadenza comes out I will most likely buy it, provided I can turn loose of my 14.

The moron who left Toyota for the 2014 Cadenza
By 6406nb

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Don't get me wrong. I love the HD radio, the heated steering wheel along with the ride & handling. But so many little things have broken or gone wrong--the backup camera, the panoramic sunroof rattling which took 4 tries to fix, the volume control on the steering wheel broke, the sun visor tore, the seat belt stopped retracting, and the bluetooth is frustrating. I leased it thankfully because the value has crashed so to get out with 15 months to go would cost thousands out of pocket. If you love what you are driving don't experiment. Stick with the brand you know. I am now waiting for parts while driving a dodge loaner. It's nauseating. This wasn't the plan. The dealer tries it's best.

Heated steering wheel, HD radio, ride & handling. Sound insulation.

Reliability, bluetooth logic & syncing, logistics of having to turn on heated seats every time, having to agree on the screen each and every start up.

terrible road noise
By toretiredron

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 6 year old Kia Amanti and a new Kia Cadenza with the optional “Luxury Package”. I have enjoyed driving my Amanti long distances. It is quiet and a pleasure to drive. The Cadenza is Kia’s new luxury car since the Amanti was discontinued. Instead of a quiet ride, the Cadenza has horrible road noise. It sounds as if a window is always partly opened. I called Kia Customer Service (Kelly) to complain that a car branded as a luxury car should be first and foremost a quiet ride. I was told that essentially the car is the way it is supposed to be, that the road noise is my opinion and have a nice day.

. So I did my own sound test/measurement. I found that when compared to my Amanti sound levels are at least 10 db higher in each panel of the Cadenza. Specifically the four doors, two rear fenders and the total floor pan. This is not a fatal flaw. I know from experience that about 75 sq/ft of sound deadener mat will cure the excess road noise. But Kia will void the warranty if it is installed since it will involve opening the doors and removing the rugs.The Cadenza makes an impressive first impression. It is like meeting a person who is attractive, impeccably dressed with perfect manners. Then they open their mouth and you hear a shrill voice uttering nonsense.

. I can walk away from that person but I bought this Cadenza and I have to live with it a few years. It has been 50 years since I liked road noise and loud exhaust for hours on end. Now I want quiet. Maybe they are targeting teenagers and not retirees. Until I get this problem resolved you may recognize me as the Cadenza driver wearing noise canceling headphones. I would like to recommend to those who review Luxury cars that road noise sound levels are as important as listing head room, horsepower etc. I do not want to trash all of Kia. They do a lot of things right. If they built a pickup truck I would buy it, but they missed the boat in building a noisy luxury car.