2014 Kia Cadenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Cadenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cadenza model:

The moron who left Toyota for the 2014 Cadenza
By 6406nb

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Don't get me wrong. I love the HD radio, the heated steering wheel along with the ride & handling. But so many little things have broken or gone wrong--the backup camera, the panoramic sunroof rattling which took 4 tries to fix, the volume control on the steering wheel broke, the sun visor tore, the seat belt stopped retracting, and the bluetooth is frustrating. I leased it thankfully because the value has crashed so to get out with 15 months to go would cost thousands out of pocket. If you love what you are driving don't experiment. Stick with the brand you know. I am now waiting for parts while driving a dodge loaner. It's nauseating. This wasn't the plan. The dealer tries it's best.

Heated steering wheel, HD radio, ride & handling. Sound insulation.

Reliability, bluetooth logic & syncing, logistics of having to turn on heated seats every time, having to agree on the screen each and every start up.

terrible road noise
By toretiredron

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 6 year old Kia Amanti and a new Kia Cadenza with the optional “Luxury Package”. I have enjoyed driving my Amanti long distances. It is quiet and a pleasure to drive. The Cadenza is Kia’s new luxury car since the Amanti was discontinued. Instead of a quiet ride, the Cadenza has horrible road noise. It sounds as if a window is always partly opened. I called Kia Customer Service (Kelly) to complain that a car branded as a luxury car should be first and foremost a quiet ride. I was told that essentially the car is the way it is supposed to be, that the road noise is my opinion and have a nice day.

. So I did my own sound test/measurement. I found that when compared to my Amanti sound levels are at least 10 db higher in each panel of the Cadenza. Specifically the four doors, two rear fenders and the total floor pan. This is not a fatal flaw. I know from experience that about 75 sq/ft of sound deadener mat will cure the excess road noise. But Kia will void the warranty if it is installed since it will involve opening the doors and removing the rugs.The Cadenza makes an impressive first impression. It is like meeting a person who is attractive, impeccably dressed with perfect manners. Then they open their mouth and you hear a shrill voice uttering nonsense.

. I can walk away from that person but I bought this Cadenza and I have to live with it a few years. It has been 50 years since I liked road noise and loud exhaust for hours on end. Now I want quiet. Maybe they are targeting teenagers and not retirees. Until I get this problem resolved you may recognize me as the Cadenza driver wearing noise canceling headphones. I would like to recommend to those who review Luxury cars that road noise sound levels are as important as listing head room, horsepower etc. I do not want to trash all of Kia. They do a lot of things right. If they built a pickup truck I would buy it, but they missed the boat in building a noisy luxury car.

Almost one year with Cadenza
By aikonerom

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Some problems started early on and some continue. Here is my list of issues: 1. Sunroof button is terrible and way to sensitive - need to redesign. I have had one button replaced. 2. Metal Clanking noise from front end while driving slow. Dealer tightened hood but problem still continues. 3. Intermittent wind noise from drivers side mirror. 4. Bluetooth is buggy. Software was updated November 2014. You must wait 3-4 seconds when using the hands free system. 5. Voice control is annoying. Literally the system yells at you if you talk too soon after hitting the hands free command button. You must wait 3-4 seconds every time you hit the hands free button. Frustrating.

Seats

Redesign the following: Sunroof button bluetooth hands free software

Enjoying my Cadenza Premium
By f1racer24

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my new 2014 Cadenza. Love the room, features and pricing that under cuts the German competition by $10-15K. get the two thumbs up from strangers when driving. Kia has really stepped ups game to go after the large car segment and with hiring the ex-Audi designer, the car looks stunning. If the prestige brand is not a top priority (and this will save tonnes in service cost) Kia (and brother company Hyundai) if the way to go. Great work and looking forward to many years of use. Will update in 6 months time.

Lots of interior room, huge standard equipment features, perfectly placed controls for media/Nav/climate controls. One of the best bang for the buck.

Navigation doesn't have traffic alert in Canada. Needs better search feature for iPod artist/song.

four months in
By cmadden

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 3 series BMW for my 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium model. This has a much better ride, but is slower off the starting line. The front wheel drive 3.3 liter V6 produces 298 horsepower and 255 ft-lbs of torque. Doesn't belong on a race track, but fine for city driving. The ride in comfortable with above average seating front and rear. Exterior styling bold and is almost identical to their $54,500 K900 model.

Styling, quiet smooth ride. Visibility is very good. You could pay a lot more and get a lot less with the luxury brands. Plenty of room inside, trunk is very spacious. Quite ride, very little road noise. Controls are fairly intuitive. Driver positioning and comfort is great. Wheels design is cool and doesn't get dirty all that easy.

Spend a little more money on the analog dash clock. This one looks like a cheap Timex. The navigation system needs a software upgrade. This acts like it was programed in Korea by someone who's never been to the US. Make the lane departure warning standard on the Premium model. The shifter is kind of generic. Wouldn't take much upgrade to something cool. My key fob keeps separating and falling out of my pocket for some reason. It should be more secure.