2005 Jeep Liberty 2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not enough storage, seat not

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Not enough storage, seat not comfortable
By jackie on

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My husband just brought this home for me last week. Because of the jump in gas prices over hurricane Katrina, he traded in my Suburban. This is a very fun, solid SUV. However, if you are looking for storage areas to put your stuff, forget it. The glove box isn't even big enough to hold my few maps, no sunglass holder and the seats are not very comfortable, so I am not sure how it will be on long drives. I think this car would be great for a 20ish year old for getting around town or a quick ski weekend, certainly not big enough for a family, and not comfortable enough for me, but until gas prices goes down, it will do, then it will be handed down to my two boys to fight over.

Favorite Features

Very peppy, gas about 22 miles per gallon, feels very sound when closing the doors.

Suggested Improvements

Seats not very comfortable, no storage space at all! No ash tray, I don't smoke, but I put change in it, so where does everyone who does smoke put their butts, out the window! No keyhole on the passenger side of the vehicle?