Horrible Experience
By joshandjenn916 on
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 2WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Was great til 3 yrs later, even though we keep up on all maintenance on it. It started as problems with the engine light on, then started running hard and blowing blue smoke out the exhaust. The smog place gave us a report back with over 10 codes that was causing it to fail! We brought it to several mechanics and all agreed the engine was bad. Luckily I got in inheritance and we were able to pay 8,000 to put a rebuilt engine and some other minor parts in otherwise we'd have had to let it sit while we paid it off then junked it, and now the oil light still comes one even thought its not loosing oil pressure. Turns out its an electrical problem. My opinion, don't get a liberty. MPG also stinks.
Favorite Features
Was the stylish look and the roomy inside, but after all the mechanical problems, I don't have a favorite. I'm just glad it at least still runs (8 grand later though!)
Suggested Improvements
Better engine and better gas mileage! I was driving mostly freeway (and I'm not an aggressive driver) but still never got more than 17 mpg.