Bring it back!
By Jarmbru on
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD
Bought this with 50K after riding through very rough terrain in a friend's Cherokee that had 250K. I'm now at 140K. I meet people all the time who tell me they are the best vehicle ever, and who have very high mileage. I use it on very, very bad "roads" in the hills of backwoods East Tennessee and also to commute and to haul electronic equipment. This Jeep does it all. It's true it's not a pretty soccer mom's car, so what, that's not what I want. Oh please bring it back! By the way, people around here love them and keep them forever.
Favorite Features
Excellent on really bad roads. Pretty good on the highway, lots of pickup and handles pretty good too. It's basic, and practical, and roomy and that's exactly what I need. I'm not slow on the interstate but with this 4.0L 6 banger I get 19mpg. If your mileage isn't that good, get a tune-up.
Suggested Improvements
Don't make it prettier or more comfortable. A little more room in the front would be good, maybe better cargo/seat arrangements in back. I want to be able to buy the 2009 version!