1996 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: My Prelude VTEC

1996 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

VTEC Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Prelude VTEC
By Brian K. on

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

I really love this car. It is very fun to drive, it's comfortable on long trips, and even somewhat practical. I've driven it on a race track, and it kept me on top of more than few Corvette C5s. The engine is sweet, the transmission is one of the best I've ever sampled, and the handling is supurb for a FWD vehicle. Also, fuel economy is acceptable, and the reliability is bulletproof. The interior is very roomy (I'm 6'5" and I fit fine). The design is a bit controversial, but I love it, and so do all of my friends. If you have the chance, get one. You will not be disappointed. I plan on driving mine until it dies, then I'll rebuild it and drive it more.

Punchy, high revving engine, tranny, interior design and comfort, responsive handling. VTEC version is very rare, but definitely worth the extra money.

6 speed instead of 5, RWD and about 40 more HP, less weight, slightly more side bolstering on the seats.