1996 Honda Prelude 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Car, and Never Regretted

1996 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

First Car, and Never Regretted It
By NewPreludeOwner on

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in July of '09 from a fellow service member. Never regretted it. Fun as hell to drive, extremely reliable, and I bought it with over 129k miles on it! It seems I had the extreme luck to purchase the VTEC, and it was well worth the $3500 I paid for it! No engine problems, only had to fix the brakes because of a broken after-market caliper and change out two gaskets on the exhaust system from aftermarket headers. No problems with the original vehicle! A great car to those who are looking for one, and I plan on keeping this thing for years! Smooth 5-Speed, responsive engine, and with some aftermarket upgrades, 29 average MGP! Keep in mind I drive 60 miles to and from college.

Favorite Features

Awesome VTEC engine, extremely responsive. Great gas mileage with some aftermarket upgrades (headers, radiator, air intake, etc.), digital and analogue instrument panels, great reliability, smooth 5-speed, great A/C and heating, leather seats for the VTEC!

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats could be more grippy, digital gas gauge could be more accurate, but it does its job without problems at all.