1st Honda, finally!
By n_stemp on
1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe
1st off this forum has been VERY helpful to me. I researched ALOT of cars for hrs upon hrs and I had no doubt that I wanted a Honda, I found a few preludes, on line, and the one I purchased was 400 miles/8 hrs (round trip) away from where I live! I made trip to test drive and fell in love, bought it right there on the spot! I had to have a friend drive me back to pick it up on another day. This car is VERY fun to drive, I've been in my Dodge intrepid ('95 3.3 ltr) for 4.5 yrs, it is more comfortable.. but that's to be expected. I test drove 3 NEW honda'a ('05 accord, 04 civic ex, 04 civic lx) and this car ('96!) out peerformed all 3! new cars don't have the balls anymore.. fuel efficiency?
Favorite Features
Low end pick up. this carr TAKES OFF! I can't beleive it's a '96/ 4 cyl. I drove my friends '04 (3wks old!) aztek down to pick my car up and could feel a difference in pickup and handling on ride home. Honda's rule.. get one, even if high miles. Many friends have/had honda's, PROVEN quality..Get one
Suggested Improvements
Bring back preludes! Thee coolest honda ever, although small. Honda needs to make higher hrse pwr engines available as option to those who like to drive. I am not that worried about fuel prices.. It's a honda! 1.17 hp civic LX.. no balls at all even w/ vtec, same for EX 1.27ish. Make fun cars again!