A great People and Stuff Mover
By S Oswald on
2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This is my favorite vehicle to drive. I'm not sure what is different about my Pilot, but I've got plenty of acceleration on demand. So much so, I've caught myself by surprise and squealed the tires while leaving a parking lot. I've never owned a new car before but I came into this expecting Honda reliability and my Pilot has kept up its end of the bargain. The only parts that have needed replacement or adjustment were minor and the dealer replaced them quickly and under warranty. Fuel economy is better than the EPA estimate with 24 average MPG on the interstate, city mileage is worse at 14 average MPG but I live in a city with quite a few hills.
Favorite Features
The automatic air conditioning controls. I set it for 68 degrees and it makes it happen. I love it!
Suggested Improvements
Honda should offer a Hybrid option for this vehicle. It seems like a simple task and the benefits would drastically outweigh the cost. Also, If a vehicle is sold with a roof rack, it should come with the cross bars so one could actually use the roof rack. Gotta remember that for next time.