2004 Honda Insight 1.0L 3-cyl. Hybrid 5-speed Manual w/AC Consumer Review - Happy Camper

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Review

Happy Camper
By HappyCamper99 on

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

it is efficient, economic and serves my purpose: even though I drive 150 miles per day, I only fill up once a week as opposed to my civic I had to fill every other day. And I only have an 11 gallon tank. This thing gets recharged when I go down hill, when I downshift and when I brake. Never have to plug the babe in. it has good pick-up when needed, just as a regular car without a turbo. It is peppier than the small Subaru I use to have, thatís for sure.

Favorite Features

I drive down from the foothills every day; my record is 92 miles/gallon one morning following a 60 miles per hour flat bed truck for the 65 miles to come to work. 75mpg is the norm. I went to LA and back on that mileage, a great feast for my wallet, believe me.

Suggested Improvements

Availability and more publicity: It is a peppy car fun to drive. Get EPA to either NOT put a sticker on the window or have California let us drive in diamond lanes.