Used 2012 Honda Fit Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Love the Cargo Space!
By Carol T.

2012 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great little car until the airbag recall, have to drive a Hertz rental (does not cost me) for 6 weeks so far and they don't expect the part until July or August. No fault of my super little Fit. Lots of headroom and (I'm short) leg room for me. Small turning for U turns but not as much power uphill. Really nice for work and around town. Plenty of room when shopping bags and other things. So far just regular service but soon I will need new tires if I ever get the air bag repair.

Love the Cargo Space!
By Carol T.

2nd Fit purchased new
By heffelz8

2012 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The wife and myself owned a 2008 Fit while living abroad in Europe.
When we moved back to the States, we purchased another Fit.
For a compact car, Honda really managed to cram a whole lot into this vehicle without making it seem over-done.
Fit and finish is quite nice, along with the overall design.
This car works, it's practical, very lively to drive (with the stick) and very fuel efficient 36 highway and 33 in town.
I am 6'6" 210 lbs and fit very very well in this car.
My knees don't hit anything on the way in or out.
Loading height is great whether you're 5'2, like my wife, or my size.
I would buy a 3rd fit if I ever felt so inclined to get another family member in one.

Practical space, fold down (magic) seat, leg room, fuel efficiency (34.7 combined), Large windows, great sight angles, ease of operation.

Seat height adjuster. It's just a we-bit short for my wife. That's it.

No Lagin Wagon
By arbolero

Very impressed.
I wouldn't race anybody for pinks with this car, but it's still very lively when I need it to accelerate and responsive when I need it to handle.
I drive treacherous, windy, mountain roads.

Honda has made a proven winner and, remarkably, it remains unseated by any of the market's other small cars which are trying so hard, but not quite measuring up.
I average 36 to 39 mpg on a tank.
The seats are supportive and comfortable enough for 5 hours continuous driving.
The drivers seat is spacious enough for a 6'1" driver.
A 6'8" friend of mine was not able to sit comfortably in the driver's seat.

Exterior design. Looks like the helmet of one of the Halo characters from the back. Fuel economy. I don't understand how I still manage to pull off 36ish with all the time I have my foot in it. Funtionality. Yep, nothing I can say here that has not been said already. Handling. She's so light and nimble. The gearbox is super smooth and assuring. Never missed any shifts yet. Seats. Plenty of padding for my boney butt. And snug and supportive for the aggressive driving mode. Also, the material is breathable, adding to the driver's comfort. Price. All this for under twenty. I feel like such a smart shopper. I could have splurged for more, but this is my first new car.

I would love to have the nav system/bluetooth, but it didn't come on my manual transmission sport. The editor's reviews suggest the manual tranny is more enjoyable to drive. If only Honda could make more of them available. This goes for all car manufacturers. It was tough shopping when there weren't manuals to test drive. More horsepower. But I will always want more horsepower. The get-up is sufficient. Insanely excessive is better.

Just Freaking Awesome
By smoothride12

2012 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the 2012 Fit Sport since December 2011. The car is an absolute blast to drive. We have the 5 speed manual. Great acceleration, phenomenal handling. 90% of our driving is in town and approximately 3 to 10 miles round trip. We are getting 31.5 miles per gallon. Unbelievable! Spacious interior and great engineering. I can't say enough about this car.