I want to like it...
By Lauren on
2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)
I got this car from my Mom, and when she had it she had 0 problems with it. Now that I inherited it, I am having all sorts of problems. Car idles VERY roughly at start, bucks and shudders sometimes while accelerating particularly between 50-60 mph, sometimes hard to accelerate. This problem is intermittent so it's been hard to diagnose and so far no one has been able to fix it. It makes driving the car a huge pain when it's happening. Check engine light has been on for a while now. Always took care of it and brought it in for routine care. Really, really disappointed.
Favorite Features
Color, interior
Suggested Improvements
Train your service professionals better. No one knows how to fix this car - and it's not a complicated vehicle!
By jae926
on 06/25/11 00:14 AM (PDT)

Hello... This may be a long shot but I had a similar problem. If you're interested in any advice, go to autozone and have them check your fault codes. I had very similar issues. My issue was a clogged purge valve, a bad o2 sensor and a bad CAT converter that is made into the exhaust manifold. What I think happened is that my O2 sensor ($60 @ Autozone) went bad and the extra fuel clogged the purge valve ($37 @ Honda) and then the half burned fuel melted the inside of the exhaust manifold/CAT converter ($399 @ autozone) and caused it to fail. They were wrecking my life! LOL I couldn't pass emissions. I am glad that I got those issues fixed. Now nearly 6 months later no more issues.