2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Very Impressed
By ohheck on 08/29/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my new Accord EX-L 4cyl for two weeks now and have been very happy with it. The car is roomy, well appointed and the fit and finish is excellent. The CVT that mimics a regular shifting transmission is excellent and the 4cyl has plenty of performance. On my first road trip, I averaged 41.7mpg going and 39.8mpg returning. Admittedly, that was driving @60mph, which for me is fast enough. At 70 years of age, I'm in no hurry to get somewhere...just getting there is enough. My only negative is the ride. While not bad, it is definitely on the sporty side. The amazing thing is that my insurance only went up .40 cents over my older car with the exact same coverage. Very happy here.

Buyer beware of not being able to access Navi while moving
By froggers on 08/08/14 11:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Turned in 2011 leased Honda Accord V6 and picked up the 2014. Everything is really outstanding except for the navigation system. We were not aware or advised that it cannot be fully accessed while the car is in motion. This is really bad, since the passenger is disallowed as well. The voice commands don't work well for us, and it's a lot more distracting. This is a real deal breaker for us, and I won't be getting any more Honda's, unless this changes. The menu system is a lot worse than the 2011 model and a lot more difficult to navigate through the commands with a lot more extra steps. Also the center console has less storage space and is less convenient.

Bringing fun back to the family sedan
By ikemacon on 08/06/14 19:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving what some automotive magazines ranked as the top three automobiles in this class (Mazda6, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima), the Honda Accord Sport pleasantly surprised me by overtaking the number one pick for those same reviews: the Mazda6 iTouring. Having been a former Acura Legend owner, I felt right at home again behind the wheel of the Accord. The Sport's numbers outperform the Mazda not only on paper, but in driving tests as well. I felt solidly in control at all times behind the wheel of the Accord, even with electric power steering. Active noise cancellation helps to quiet the cabin as well. Fantastic car all around!

Honda Accord Sport is an excellent car overall!
By jwh204 on 08/03/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased my '14 Accord Sport in June - have 2,000 miles now and a couple of road trips taken. Excellent handling car with great road manners! My 94 Accord coupe was my best car ever - this 14 continues that tradition of a solid, well built and handling car. The CVT is great and unobtrusive - the computer simulates a conventional automatic. Great MPG and very responsive throttle. Supportive seats (love the power seat and lumbar) and a very spacious and comfortable cabin round out the package. I traded out of an 11 Altima and its the best choice I have made. No complaints about this car other than a suggestion: the Sport needs a better sound system with more speakers...

besthondaever
By lovesmyhonda1 on 07/28/14 11:31 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Honda is the best Honda I have ever owned.it is a thrill to drive. The sport mode with the shifter paddles makes it drive like a manual transmission. It has plenty of power expecially using the sport mode. It has a sporty feel while driving it. It really hugs the road. The seats are really comfortable and the material is awesome. I love the carbon fiber. The steering wheel is wrapped in leather and feels awesome. The tinted glass is really nice. I have nothing bad to say about this car.

Exceeds Expectations
By car57 on 07/22/14 21:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just put 600 miles on our new Accord Touring on a road trip through the mountains. We drove up to an altitude of 12,000 ft. The roads were full of hills and curves that would have been perfect for a driving a Porsche or BMW, but we found ourselves more and more impressed with how solid the Accord handled and felt. It had tons of passing power, yet still averaged 35 MPG overall. Consider us impressed. I have had nearly a dozen high-end European cars over the past 25 years and the Accord comes surprisingly close to their level of build quality and features. I'm not sure it's worth spending the extra 20 grand to get the satisfaction of knowing other people envy what you drive.

2014 Accord V6 Touring
By accordian2 on 07/20/14 21:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In May of 2014 this was my firs Honda. I was fascinated with all the new features. On new cars You expect to be disappointed by the EPA mileage however this car has exceeded the expectations. Of the 4 vehicles in our home it is the newest and therefore most expensive one of the 4. Our insurance company priced it the best. I believe due to things like the forward collision warning. Blind spot camera, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control...To me price wise the features and cost are better then a Lexus I compared it to. It quietly performs well.

Second 2014 Honda Accord
By 4thhonda on 06/21/14 04:19 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Last September I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan and last week I traded it in for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX in Still Midnight Pearl. I loved the sedan but I wanted something a little sportier. The coupe does handle better than the sedan and there are a few features that I really like. The color of the car is magnificent in Midnight Still Pearl. Yes, I lost some money during my trade in, but it was well worth it to get the coupe. Obviously, I think very highly of the Accord to get another one. This coupe is my 5th Honda. I have owned a 1990 Civic, a 1997 Civic, a 2002 Accord, a 2014 Accord Sedan, and now a 2014 Accord Coupe.

My 8th Honda (my 5th Accord)
By accdguy13 on 06/20/14 18:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 5th Accord (an EX-L coupe with Navigation ) this past month. The 9th generation Accord is different from the 8th generation (2008-2012) model in every possible way mechanically. The current Accord features electric steering versus the prior models power hydraulic system, the double wishbone suspension gone in favor of a new strut based suspension. The traditional geared automatic - gone in favor of a CVT (gear-less belt driven) transmission. The engine features Honda's first direct injection system instead of port injection. Add all of this together- and it's a vastly different Accord (yet seems to retain the most loved attributes of all Accords since is 1976 introduction.

2014 Honda Accord EX-L review
By stockdox on 06/17/14 07:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit, I was a little bit reluctant to buy the V6 model Accord due to the negative press and some negative remarks on some chat boards. I really hope that Honda has really fixed the issues with VCM technology because it is quite amazing to get nearly the same gas mileage of the 4 Cylinder with the performance of the 6. I can tell you right now that my gas mileage is better than advertised. The car is packed with useful technology such as the side view camera and Collision avoidance and Lane Watch. The car is smooth and powerful. On balance, I am very happy with my choice. VCM is not perfect I notice the switch from 3 Cylinder mode to 6 more so then the reverse.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Accord in VA is:

$150 per month*