Magical
By afghouri on
2013 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The midcar sedan segment is hyper competitive but there is a huge difference between styling vs. substance. I looked at several cool looking, swoopy cars with fascinating digital dashboards, but nothing compared to the Honda's driving experience, and I drove them back to back. Interior materials and fit and finish are now a 10 out of 10 (prior model's was really unacceptable). I slightly miss the double wishbone suspension but it's hard to really notice due to the virtually flawless execution of the package as a whole. If you value the driving experience more than just styling and appearance, this is the sedan to own - especially given its reliability. A masterpiece of engineering
Favorite Features
DRIVING EXPERIENCE. Sideview real-time camera activated by the turn signal is a major innovation.
Suggested Improvements
Simpler electronics UI. Double wishbone suspension. Manual option.
By springman
on 09/29/12 06:27 AM (PDT)

Smells of sales smack!

By pierre6
on 10/19/12 21:29 PM (PDT)

I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX which I bought new, that now has 27000 miles. Honda had gone down hill! Hope the new model is better!!!! Some of the of the reviews posted here are Honda Salesman, just test drive as long as you can before you decide. And hopefully they improved the bad hard seats!

By value4money
on 09/29/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

Agree with Springman. Since the car is not generally available yet, someone with a Honda connection is pumping the car. Perhaps a dealer.

By springman
on 09/29/12 20:04 PM (PDT)

Thanks value, I picked up one yesterday. I am waiting for my review to be approved here. I will add some things to it soon as I drive it more.

By benjaminh
on 10/01/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

Sounds like a great car! Thanks for the review op...

By faischivo
on 10/01/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

no smack no pump no bull this car is the real deal got mine on the 9- 28 exl v6 sedan +navi ,, honda is back and about time ,dont know if he or she has the touring?? I was the first out the gate from my dealer....but 9-17 no touring in site maybe got lucky. I love this car ..Feels good sitting behide the wheel of a real honda again ,good luck wth yours..

By carguy2121
on 10/01/12 19:08 PM (PDT)

I picked up mine today ex-l v6 navi in black. The car is amazing. I have driven all the competitors out there. This car stands ahead of em all. Especially when you put it in S mode. It just takes off. The leather is also so comfortable

By mml43
on 07/11/13 08:56 AM (PDT)

Fun drive, but audio and phone stink. Car was delivered in late January 2013 with inoperable CD player. Entire audio unit was replaced with new from factory. Then car had to go back for recall repair of audio system - audio would fade in and out with lots of static. Car has since gone back to dealer twice for phone and audio computer issues. Speed dial numbers spontaneously disappear but voice tags and recent call history remain. Virtually no bass/subwoofer, but after two repairs there's at least some bass. My 1999 and 2006 Accords sounded better than this one. Speed dial numbers erased themselves again yesterday, so it's going back to the dealer for the third time for this issue. Dealer says that they can't find anything wrong, and say I'd have to leave it for several days. Annoyance factor outweighs fun drive.

By mbreed8813
on 10/27/12 21:27 PM (PDT)

Let me first say I have always been a Honda fan. I have owned 5 Honda's and 2 Acura's. For the most part they have always been great cars. I TRIED to buy another Honda today ... a 2013 Accord Touring. After a couple of failed negotiation attempts, my wife and I finally came to an agreement with a local dealer on price. But that was only where it started to get interesting. Our trip to the finance office was dumbfounding to say the least. We go over all the paperwork on the trade in vehicle. Then we get to the Accord. I have had dealers try to sell me extended warranties before, but never quite like this. We were told that we were about to purchase one of the first 1000 Accord Tourings made and that due to the increased amount of electronics and the 'new' 6 speed automatic transmission, Honda was offer an 'incentive' on the extended warranty plans. We were told that Honda EXPECTS there to be a higher than 'normal' number of repairs needed over the life of these cars. That due to the 40+ computers onboard the car, they were EXPECTING problems in these areas, and that due to the 'new' transmission ... the were EXPECTING problems in this area. So Honda was offer a $600 'discount' on the extended warranty plans which would cover the car for 10 years or 120,000 miles ... which ever came first. When questioned about this, we were then told that the warranty was tranferable which would aid with the resale down the road. WHAT????? Then we were told that in the most recent Accord's cars had started requiring major repairs on average at about 38,000 miles ... and he had a print out to consult for this information. Unbelieveable!!!!! So you want me to pay $32000+ for a NEW car, then $1800 for the DISCOUNTED extended warranty because Honda EXPECTS problems with their car? I didn't know I was suppose to worry about the car breaking down before I ever bought it? This really happened. How do you build a car, put it on the market, and expect people to pay for something that really should be included in the price ... piece of mind. I was actually afraid to buy the car without the extended warranty. If these cars end up with all kinds of problems, then what would the resale be down the road ... but then you are so far into it because of the increased cost that you can't afford to get rid of it. How do you buy something like that? I didn't. My wife and I walked out of his office and asked for our trade back. If this guy was lying about the new Accord in order to sell us an extended warranty ... it back fired. It also has placed doubt in my mind as to if I would ever consider buying a Honda again. Maybe down the road these issues will either be proven true or false, but it won't be because I was the guinea pig for it.

By carguy2121
on 10/30/12 19:53 PM (PDT)

I picked up mine on 9/30 and I have put 1600 miles on my black ex l v6. The car is simply amazing. Ourisman Honda in Bethesda has a white fully loaded touring in their showroom, i guess no takers. The car is simply amazing. I got 35.5 mpg on long highway trip. The technology definitely helps. The seats are also so comfortable. btw i got the extended warranty as well...

By dillon67
on 05/09/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

afghouri must be kidding or he's a Honda dealer -- this is by far the worst car I've ever bought & I've been buying cars for 40 years.

By dalimiang
on 01/21/14 14:00 PM (PST)

testy1