2004 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A good car but has some notabl

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX V-6 Coupe (3.0L V6 6-speed Manual)

A good car but has some notable issues
By Matt on

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

EX V6 CPE 5A Overall this is a good value car that handles pretty well, accelerates well, and is a comfortable and good looking daily driver. The leather interior is a cut above competitors. Fuel economy is acceptable (23mpg). At 60K, the car has held up pretty well with some notable exceptions. First, the transmission is about to go. I had the recall done and it still is shifting rough and slips in 2nd bad. A friend had his go violently and almost crashed. The brake rotors continue to warp and I am replacing them with aftermarket. I replaced the stock wheels with 18's and it's a big improvement. Also I had a bunch of squeak and rattle issues as well as a burned out center console.

acceleration, balance of ride and handling, decent highway economy, quality look and feel of interior,

totally replace notorious transmission, install larger vented brake rotors, redesign center console electronics, redesign bucket seats The tranny, brakes, center console, and rattles are all well documented so I know it's not just my car. I suggest buying the 6sp manual instead if you can find one.