2016 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Great buy
By Mike rowe

2016 GMC Terrain SUV SLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Under powered otHer wise super car

Second Terrian and loving it
By michael Marcus

2016 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Shop around on the internet to find the best price available for the particular model you want before you negotiate with dealership for further reduction. Prices do vary I have noticed from dealership to dealership. I traded in my 2015 owned since 2014 Terrain SLE1 for my new 2016 Terrain SLE2. Most noticeable upgrade on the 4cyl engine is the power. Truly impressed. Gave it about 17 more horse power, you can feel the difference in acceleration on highways. Backup camera made improvements as well especially for parking. On my SLE2 model GMC to access Virtual Advisor feature, on you say OnStar command, I finally figured this out, GM didn't know and OnStar told me NYS discontinued this feature, not true. I'm a happy camper about this again. Car interior is also quieter than previous model. Styling upgrade although modest makes a nice statement especially with the new LED lights and redesigned hood. Not sure why Edmunds is down on this model but it is a well priced, beautifully made, nice riding SUV. I am very happy now owning my second one. I would not have done this if I were unhappy with my first one. Remember I own I don't lease. Not into throwing my money away . It doesn't grow on trees in my house. One more thing MPG is lower in city then advertised but show me one that isn't. Getting about 16 MPG city right now but should go up once its broken in, highway haven't done a trip yet, but based on other terrain I had I'm expecting about 28 MPG not using ECO button. Another nice thing why I could trade in my 2015 after owning it for 18 months was trade in value, seems it maintained its value well enough to afford me the opportunity to buy the newer model, reset the warranties, get a new SUV with no miles and once again start over again. How much is that worth when you invest your savings? Another consideration when considering this SUV.

Great all around vehicle
By Kista T

2016 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

you will not be disappointed with the performance or appointments of the GMC Terrain. We drove a Tahoe for many years with children and pets, and looking for a downsize without the small car feel. THIS TERRAIN FITS THE BILL. I do not feel like I am driving in a small SUV, I feel comfort and space I did not notice in many competitors while test driving and comparison shopping. Again, I have been extremely pleased with our selection and looking forward to years of service out of our GMC.

Squealing after 6000 miles
By Cjones

2016 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So the car overall is awesome. The SUV is spacious and fits my two large dogs just fine. Only concern is recent constant squealing in the back of the vehicle.