Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Red T-Bird
By Kurt

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my T-Bird. I put 5,000 miles on it in the first 3 months. The ride can be a little soft at times, but it corners like a dream. Plenty of horsepower. I traded in my '02 Mustang GT for the T-Bird and there is no comparison. The T-bird has a better ride, is more fun to drive, and gets 10 times more looks and comments. Also, the waves from other T-Bird owners is nice.

SelectShift transmission with the V8. Hardtop & softtop both in one package. The fun to drive spirit of the -Bird.

Memory seats and mirrors. Deeper trunk. Air conditioned seats (My wife's Lincoln LSV8 has them and they are great on a hot day).

Ford's step child
By DrtiBird

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I bought an '02 Thunderbird, but when I found out that '05 would be the last year it will be offered I traded my '02 for the newer. I think this car would have been a really big seller if Ford had just promoted it half as much as the Mustang!

Removable hard top. Retro styling. Peppy V8 engine.

Maybe offer a manual transmission, but then my wife wouldn't let me get one of those! Actually the car is pretty impressive right out of the box.

Shelley's thoughts
By shelley Klaner

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ii used to own a Mercedes and said I would never own a Ford after bad experiences with a Mustang in the 1970s. I absolutely love this car. It handles better than my Mercedes, is solid, comfortable and the car actually makes me feel good. The only negative I have found is that it is hard to park because it is wide and it is hard to visualize the sides and the depth when parking. But besides that it was a great choice.

I love the anniversary plate on the outside and the one that says Thunderbird. I like that it is old fashioned inside. My Mercedes always had problems with its electric gadgets. The gauges are fun to read and don't break.

It would be nice if the trunk were a little deeper but it is larger than the trunks on many of my friend's convertibles such as BMWs, Miatas, and the Honda 2000.

Bondo
By Bill Bond

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great looking car, real head turner. Too bad the dealers got greedy when this car came out charging as much as $10,000 over sticker because of availability. Now they have marketing problem because people think they are more expensive than they actually are.

Stereo, hard top, performance, looks.

Trunk space, lighted vanity visor mirrors, better use of space behind the seats and electronics.

This Car Will Get You Noticed
By Ben

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and she just loves it. It turns more heads than a Corvette. If you want attention and comfort and a quality built car then this is it. If you want to carry groceries or kids then this car isn't for you. The car style is not overly aggressive or cheap and I believe it will stand the test of time in style. All the ladies in her group love it. My wife has finally got the "Car Craze" bug because of this T-Bird. It's cheaper than the Corvette as well and I believe more fun in the long haul.

The front design for me. Reminds me of a 50's Ferrari.