2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Thunderbird performance
By Gary Hellmann on 12/11/04 22:44 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Only problem -- Leaks during rain or washing. Leaks occur along window seam to hardtop. Any suggestion for repair?

helpful hints
By a on 12/05/04 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

really great performance vehicle. loved it at the first sight. the design is sleek and perfectly built. great car i think everyone should get it. very reliable.

barrys bird
By t bird on 12/02/04 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy my tbird,but I have a few problems I didn't have looked into.When i go over a bump the car pulls to the right.The other problems are rattles behind the driver,I don't know if its the hardtop rattling,or if its the convertible top.

Fun Car that has and gets looks.
By LAGUNA7 on 11/17/04 07:16 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 2004 Vintage mint green Thunderbird in all ways but one.It has a 1 second hesitation upon acceleration,which I hate!From a dead stop off the line this 8 cylinder acts like a 4 cylinder!Once it gets going its a monster,but Ford needs to find a way to remedy this.I'm tired of old ladies beating me off the line in their Saturns.If it was as responsive as my V8 jeep Cherokee upon acceleration I would be happy.It gets looks from all,old and young....

Fun Fun FUN
By dar on 11/11/04 16:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving this car down the street. Even after owning it for two years, and living in the suburbs of the "Motor City", it's still a head- turner.

needs more power
By niagara on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

purchased a 2002 which was delivered on 05 of 2002....paid 1500 over msrp.most dealers returned premium charge because of low intrest (not basil).drive under 500 miles a year and take to some car shows along with other cars i own.an enjoyable car to drive...ron

Thunderbird- a fun car
By Gail Johnson on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We love driving this car. The only real complaint we have is that the visibility out the back can be difficult.

my black bird
By Richard E. on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had more fun with this car than any car I have owned in 30 years.I get great remarks from anyone who has a chance to talk to me about the car.Quality is impecable.Look is awesome.Great performance.Can't say enough. Regards Richard E.

I LIKE IT.
By 2 nasty on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great Car. Turns heads. Have had it for 1 month only, and to this date I am very pleased.

Second car?
By 50th anniversary on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

No frills, even with the Premium version - little interior room for storage (change, maps, sunglasses) and cheap "carpeting" for the price. No lights on visor mirrors. But fun to drive.