2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: This thing is a FORD?!

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

This thing is a FORD?!
By Kevin on

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My review title was the first thing that entered my head upon test driving my future Fusion S. Very well composed ride, handling characteristics, soft touch interior materials, and overall a feeling of a great vehicle. 6 speed auto started shifting a bit rough but now that I have some mileage on it and it's gotten used to my driving patterns, it's silky-smooth. Huge trunk for a mid-size. Alloy wheels standard on basic model. Returned 32 MPG on first tank of gas. First car I've owned that didn't need to return to the selling dealership to fix something after the sale.

Basic 4 speaker audio blows away competition from other automakers (wish it had Sirius, though). Fuel economy is fantastic. Lit up switches and controls. Dash illumination is very striking. Stereo with actual audio controls instead of crappy presets.

Floor mats should be standard across the line. Some controls can be clumsy- center stack is button happy. Headlight controls are kind of a reach from the driver. All of these things are very minor.