2007 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Commuter

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX4 S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Commuter
By Jeremy on

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2007 SES sedan 5MT. This car was purchased as a commuter car to keep from putting so many miles on the Mustang and to do my part to help reduce my carbon footprint. Purchased for its base cost, fuel economy, and because it's a Ford (I'm a Ford guy). So far (after 7 months and 14,000 miles) it has met my expectations for an economy car. Fuel economy has been between 30 and 37 mpg, and power, although not overwhelming, is acceptable with the 5-speed. Styling is more grown-up than the 1st-gen and the current Focus. Everything works like it should. My cars are all well- maintained, so I'm interested in how this one holds up over the years.

Favorite Features

Excellent fuel economy. Quick steering. Comfortable ride. Good visibility. High seating position. Good radio (with volume automatically adjusted depending on speed). Quiet engine at normal driving speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights do not illuminate well. No lumbar adjustment. Limited steering wheel telescoping range. Cupholders encroach on legroom. Armrest mounted too high.