2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 2005 SuperCrew

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCrew (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

2005 SuperCrew
By Scott on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years and this is by far the best all around truck I've ever owned. The interior is top notch quality that rivals my wife's luxury SUV (I won't mention what brand, but it's a direct competitor). The 5.4 Triton offers the power I need, yet still gets very respectable gas mileage. Trucks I've owned in the past have always been weekend warriors, but this truck is my everyday driver, just because it's so much fun to drive. Its handling characteristics are very well mannered for a truck. This is my second Ford in 7 years and I haven't had any problems in 7 years. I will probably be a Ford owner for a long time to come.

Favorite Features

I love the quiet interior and striking good looks of the exterior. Looks are bold without going over the top like all the other truck makers on the market that are trying to break the mold by seeing who can come up with the most chopped up body lines and the most backward looking headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic has very tall gear ratios between gears. Offer a 5 speed automatic and throw the 4 speed automatic away. The rest of the truck is perfect.