Just an $80,000 Dodge..
By sds130 on
2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Convertible
This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. The car is beautiful and fast, but that is where it ends. Dodge's customer service and dealerships are the worst. After getting caught in a rainstorm during a 5 hour trip and having the seals replaced 6 times, I was told by Dodge "don't drive the car in the rain". Battery constantly dies...replaced three times...was told by Dodge..yeah, they have a heavy drain...the owner (of the dealership) has the same problem..just unplug it (invloves taking wheel off). Melted exhaust manifold, plugs, and wires at 19k...told by Dodge "these cars run hot"..door panel repeatedly falls off...all this from an uncomfortable and tempremental car to begin with!
Favorite Features
Looks! Blindingly fast...if you can keep the car on the road. Throttle likes to bring the back end around at almost any speed. Handling is very bad...Michelin's only thing that keeps the car on the road. Must slow down extensively on corners to point nose in right direction due to weight.
Suggested Improvements
Improve customer service...when I called to complain to Chrysler customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor was told "Our supervisors do not speak to customers". Basic ride comfort - Although I expected this, I have been in race cars (even Ferrari's) that ride better.