Used 2002 Dodge Neon SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Not So Great...
By ilab

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought the car 1 year used in 2003, at about 20k. He drove it until last year, then I took over it when he passed away... After 114k, I got rid of it this year. Our family has had its roots in Chrysler vehicles since the 1940s, but this car as been by far the worst. The average MPG that both my dad and I got was less than the EPA estimated CITY MPG of 24! We were both very conservative drivers. Next problem was that the transmission had to be completely rebuilt twice! It needed new brakes about 3 times a year; the rear suspension needed replaced. It had some bad electronic problems, as well as stupid problems. The safety rating for this is horrible as well. Dont buy one of these.

The look was pretty nice, both inside and out. That was about it.

More power, more MPG, more reliability, more quality built.

Excellent Car
By Good Times Ride

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This fun car has given a bargain for my dollar. It is well designed for a commuter car. No problems other than normal use repairs. Great car for the price. Need to have more of them for our expensive economy. It's confy an stylish as well.

Nice interior, stylish

None

Reliable Transportation
By Alexis

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for five years and have had very few problems. It does great on the highway. The only problem I have with it is when the air conditioning is on the acceleration is decreased, but I think this is due to a less powerful engine. I've gotten into a couple of accidents in this car and was pleasantly surprised that there was barely a scratch on my car. I would reccomend this car to anyone who needs affordable a to b transportation.

Horrible Car
By Janice

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am constantly having to take this car into the shop for brakes to get fixed over and over again. My Insurance told me that they had to raise my insurance because of the type of car. They said if I was ever involved in an accident the car would pretty much be totaled because it was made cheap. I also though having a smaller car would mean better gas, boy was I wrong. I am trying to get rid of it ASAP. For anyone looking, do not buy, it is terrible.

None

Everything

God help us all
By milent

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car less than two years ago with 30k on it and as soon as I reached 36k and my warranty expired, this car was nothing but a pain. It leaks, had to replace radiator, transmission went bad at 52K. It became increasingly noisy. It goes fine when alone in it, but two more people get in and it seems like it is pulling the trailer. It is relatively cheap. I say relatively because you are going to spend a lot on repairs. never gonna buy another.

Easy handling, pretty roomy

Try to import some Japanese technology and ways of making it in them, because you are gonna loose a buyers. you already lost me.