Used 2008 Dodge Magnum RT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Hot Mag
By regularguy2

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice car, fast, smooth, hauls stuff & hauls! I like the power and the handling

Favorite Features

motor

Suggested Improvements

interior

Vader's Wagon
By Vader's Wagon

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a tragedy that they are canceling this car. Awesome power and soundtrack from the exhaust. Fantastic ride and classic hot-rod looks. Good but not great fuel economy but it's a big V-8 so one does not buy this car for the mileage. I ride about 30 mi on 95 every day to work and can't keep it under 90! Comfortable and easy to drive fast. Love the MyGig radio even though it is a little confusing to use at times. Parts of the interior are a little cheap but it is a Dodge. Not a fan of the Auto-stick trans, doesn't work great. Otherwise a classic, pick one up before they're all gone!!!! Boo-hiss to Chrysler for dropping the axe on it.

Favorite Features

Can you say HEMI? Comfortable interior and ride. Great looks. MyGig radio

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is horrible at low speeds, vibrates and clunks. Been to dealer twice and they say nothing is wrong. Good thing its got a big warranty!

Fantasic Ride
By RS

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge fires the car instead of the people that didn't figure out how to package and market a Fantastic car. I found a rare 29R package with the performance exhaust, seats, wheels, etc. My last two cars were a BMW 5 series and an M3. The Magnum is the best car I have ever owned period! Well controlled ride, quite inside, seats are incredibly comfortable, very powerful and smooth engine and moves the car effortlessly and will do about anything you want, plus in highway driving on my first tank of gas I got 25.6 mi per gallon. Crossovers, the Magnum blows you out of the water. The Magnum does everything better and for less money. What else do you want. I never thought I would own a Dodge WOW!!!

Favorite Features

Flexibility, Utility, Smoothness of operation, good gas mileage, very comfortable front bucket seats, MyGig Audio system with 15 GB Hard Drive, MP3 Aux Input Jack, Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Cirrus Radio and Stereo System, 20" Chrome Clad Wheels, and solid/firm suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Don't fire a fantastic car because the people didn't figure out how to package it properly and market it effectively. Keep building great cars like the Dodge Magnum and find people that know how to package and market a great product. Keep the Magnum and put a Cummins Diesel in it.

Best wagon ever!
By MagRT

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm writing this just to express my anger that Chrysler will stop producing this excellent vehicle. Great perfomer, has place for 5 tall people + luggage. Only minus is the fuel economy - in the city. All distances that I drive in a normal day are 3-6 miles with 5-10 traffic lights. Avg: 13 MPG. Highway - over 24 MPG.

Favorite Features

Space! (I'm 6'8'' and can sit behind myself). Power, acceleration, ride.

Suggested Improvements

There will be no improvements as this is the last year for Magnums... If the power driver's seat could go additional inch down....