MORGANS MOPAR
By Morgan on
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I posted a picture of the concept of this car on the wall for two years before I got one. I had my heart set on an SRT8 but found an RT with the Inferno Red and a six speed and one test drive and that was it. I am 41 and have owned 30 vehicles of every kind and this is by far my favorite. Great power, handling, ride, comfort, mileage and looks. It can get 28 mpg if you drive it under seventy and will run up to 140. This car is incredible for long trips. We had a family member go into the hospital 900 miles away and couldn't get any quick flights so took off at night. Got 24 mpg running 84 mph and after my wife fell asleep at midnight averaged 90 to 110mph for 400 miles on I80 and it got 19 mph.
Favorite Features
The combination of looks,power,comfort and economy. Love the absolutely American Muscle car looks of this car. Mustangs and Camaros are reviewed highly but I don't think they come close to capturing everything this car offers. Plus the Challenger is just COOL. (showing my age with that statement!)
Suggested Improvements
Add Hood springs, Put in a more accurate GPS, allow access to the back seats from the drivers side and do away with that 1st to 4th shift thing it's irritating. Let us by the SRT8 in the color we want (like inferno red) Otherwise what a great ride. Can't believe they made this great car again!!!