2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Blast from the past

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

SRT8 Coupe (6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Blast from the past
By Linmare on

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had dreams of buying this car once I saw it as a concept vehicle. The picture of the car stayed posted on my refrigerator for the next 2 years. I finally took the plunge and treated my self to a virtual fountain of youth. Yes, back to my muscle car days of Camaros, Corvettes and Monte SS. (I still have the 1970 AMX!) This car is a pleasure to drive and I must say, no matter where I go, people look, thumbs up, ask questions and even ask if they can sit in it. A definite head turner and handles like dream.The 6.1 hemi under the hood makes this car a real animal!(Did I mention it gets better gas mileage than my Durango did) Great job on this baby!

6.1 hemi has all the get up and go you need. The styling is truely back to muscle car days of years gone by.Its fully loaded with all of the latest gadgets and upgrades! Keyless go is a nifty little trick. Seats are super comfortable and the car handles the road superbly. Excellent trunk space!

Rear seat access is terrible.(but the agian, I dont ride back there so who cares..LOL) No power seat for passenger. Back up camera on this would be helpful.