Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

My frost white Sebring
By Heartsease

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased "Brina" (Sabrina Sebring) in 2000 when she had just hit the lot. She was and is beautiful. Five years later I still get compliments about her sleek look. Her sound system is without equal. Most important, she drives like a dream. She is not my first Chrysler-I thought the LeBaron I had was great. This is better. And she has required nothing but periodic maintenance. A great choice!

Favorite Features

I am not tall so the fully adjustable, automatic, driver's seat is great! So is the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

A seatbelt that did not chafe my "short person" neck would be helpful.

Why I rated this car so poorly
By Kristina

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had problems w/ my sebring from the beginning, and now it is 2005 and I am still paying for it and the same problems presist. Here is my laundry list ofd issuses: #1 Rear view defroster-It is in the shop as we speak being fixed-might I add this is the 10th time that it is being repaired. #2 Rear ball joints- The left rear failed on me while my mother was driving my car on a major highway. #3 Wheel bearings were replaced #4 tire rods #5 door straps both left and right side repaired 2 times on each door #6 air bag light fixed 3 times, turns out that my seat belt reciever on the passenger side sets it off. #7 factory installed radio system overheats and malfunctions has been replace

Favorite Features

I like the body design and the way I feel when it is working properly

Suggested Improvements

Diffrent design of the rear view defroster

Life Saver
By Marquis Johnson

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my sebring for a birthday present and I loved the performance right off the bat. But the safeness of this car is astonishing. Yesterday, I was hit by a mack truck in the sebring. the car flipped three times, then slid 50 on the driver's side. eventually, the car rolled again and landed on all fours. After all of this, i got out of the car without a scratch. The door even opened with no problem. This is a really well built car, and i would reccomend it to anyone. It also has amazing power. Lots of torque to get you off the line. I had the 6 cylinder engine. Amazing Car!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, safety, and most of all, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock head unit.

Don't count on it . . . or Chrysler
By Hoovey

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Chrysler, and it will certainly be my last. Don't get me wrong - I love the looks of the car, but looks sure aren't everything. I have had problems with my Sebring since I purchased it. First it was the engine. No one ever seemed to be able to find the problem when the engine light came on every 4-6 months. Now it's the paint job, which is fading fast on the top and trunk. Don't expect any help from Chrysler either. Under warranty or not, the problems are yours to fix and worry about. For a company that relies on customers, their customer service is anything but. Take my advice (as I wish I had taken from others before I bought this car) - don't buy a Chrysler!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Customer service from Chrysler; dealer mechanics who can actually diagnose and fix problems; better paint job that will last longer than four years

Great mix of fun / practicality
By 2001LXiVert

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I bought it new with 2 miles on it in March of 2001 and have never had any major mechanical problems with it. Very comfortable and stylish, plus great for a family car. 200 hp performs very well in a heavy convertible, plus >30 highway mileage. City mileage suffers some, but still >20 even on the bad days. I bought this car because the 2001 was the first year to offer the 2.7l V6 and better styling than the previous Sebrings.

Favorite Features

Easy up and down top. Great styling - still turns heads after 4 1/2 years! Love an all-leather interior and 4- disc in-dash CD changer. Lots of headroom and very quiet with top up.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of rear view mirror creates occasional visibility problems if you're tall like I am.