2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews 12

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
10 Month Review
By LtdOwner on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Only one problem: extremely high wind noise with the top up. A low roaring wind noise comes through the top front and a whistling noise from around the windows. Sounds like you're at the airport watching jets take off! Loud wind noise is due to poor seal with the top front clips and the rubber seals around the windows not sealing tightly. Dealership adjusted windows and the top front clips which greatly reduced the noise but it came came back after a few days of driving. It's actually quieter driving with the top down! Before you buy take it down the freeway with the top and windows up to make sure yours doesn't also sound like you're in a wind tunnel.

C lunking Sebring
By extec on 03/10/02 00:55 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 01 sebring 4drLX v6 on3-01 now 3-02 it been back to the dealer 12 times,for a clunking noise when you take off from a stop.This is common for this model.I would wait until all the bugs are taken care of.I had other problems.

fun to drive
By warrenza on 03/07/02 16:53 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive...especially when the weather is nice and the top is down. You'll also get plenty of compliments. Fuel economy is quite good (I avg. 27.1 mpg), the seating is ample for four adults and the ride is quite good but could be smoother on the bumpier roads. Only complaint here is that in the one year I have owned the car, I have had to return to the dealer on three occasions to repair 6 minor items. The quality control needs improvement.

good family car
By william on 03/04/02 00:31 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

love the design. plenty of legroom all around. huge trunk. surprising power from a 3.0 V6 at all speeds. especially peppy a low. smooth transmission. very spacious, but not a huge car. standard sound system is pretty standard.

Love it!
By sduston on 02/25/02 21:38 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the car. In dash 4 disc changer and infinity stock speakers are very impressive. Very smooth, but stiff ride. Especially impressed with the performance, look, and features of the car for the price it sells for. Haven't had it long enough to know how reliable it might be, but I would definitely buy it again as of now if I had to do it all over again. Everything I could have asked for in a car at a price I could afford!

A Surprising Rental
By RobW on 02/16/02 07:56 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

While having some minor adjustments done on my new Concorde LXi, the dealer arranged a rental car for me. The 4-door Sebring was a surprise.....roomy, comfortable, solid, and quick (even though it was equipped with the 4-cylinder engine). If I was in the market for a mid-size sedan, this would be a front-runner in regard to value and performance.