Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Perfect choice!!
By TopDownFun

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had searched for quite a while looking for the right size convertible that would be used as a primary driver. The other brands did not have the room or options that the Sebring did. After the first test drive I was in love Almost coming up on two years now with 56K miles owning this car I have yet to have any maintainence problems. Or for that fact anything to complain about. It was the right choice for the right price. Thumbs up to Chrysler for a great product!!

The size of this car is perfect, you can easily seat four adults comfortably and I have done so for semi-lengthy drives and not one complaint. At the same time it's wonderful top down or top up to drive.

The only improvement I could suggest for this car is that instead of having a dual latch for the top, just have a one latch system. Other than that I have been greatly pleased!

Very Disappointed
By Debbie

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my car for a little over 2 1/2 years. Last summer Chrysler had to put a new engine in it. 3 months later the bushings had to be replaced. I'm lucky it was still under warranty. Now the car just won't start. I was stranded at the store, called AAA and had to leave it in the parking lot. Going to get rid of it asap. I have to get it running first. Bad thing is I still have another year to pay on it. I will not purchase another Chrysler.

It was a convertible.

Make it dependable.

My frost white Sebring
By Heartsease

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased "Brina" (Sabrina Sebring) in 2000 when she had just hit the lot. She was and is beautiful. Five years later I still get compliments about her sleek look. Her sound system is without equal. Most important, she drives like a dream. She is not my first Chrysler-I thought the LeBaron I had was great. This is better. And she has required nothing but periodic maintenance. A great choice!

I am not tall so the fully adjustable, automatic, driver's seat is great! So is the sound system.

A seatbelt that did not chafe my "short person" neck would be helpful.

Why I rated this car so poorly
By Kristina

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had problems w/ my sebring from the beginning, and now it is 2005 and I am still paying for it and the same problems presist. Here is my laundry list ofd issuses: #1 Rear view defroster-It is in the shop as we speak being fixed-might I add this is the 10th time that it is being repaired. #2 Rear ball joints- The left rear failed on me while my mother was driving my car on a major highway. #3 Wheel bearings were replaced #4 tire rods #5 door straps both left and right side repaired 2 times on each door #6 air bag light fixed 3 times, turns out that my seat belt reciever on the passenger side sets it off. #7 factory installed radio system overheats and malfunctions has been replace

I like the body design and the way I feel when it is working properly

Diffrent design of the rear view defroster

Life Saver
By Marquis Johnson

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my sebring for a birthday present and I loved the performance right off the bat. But the safeness of this car is astonishing. Yesterday, I was hit by a mack truck in the sebring. the car flipped three times, then slid 50 on the driver's side. eventually, the car rolled again and landed on all fours. After all of this, i got out of the car without a scratch. The door even opened with no problem. This is a really well built car, and i would reccomend it to anyone. It also has amazing power. Lots of torque to get you off the line. I had the 6 cylinder engine. Amazing Car!!!!!!!!

Styling, performance, safety, and most of all, gas mileage.

Better stock head unit.