Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Seat belt trouble
By cmca

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Has anyone else had problems with the seat belt in the middle row breaking. After only 63,000 miles on my 2009 traverse, the seat belt broke. Chevy won't fix cause it is out of warranty. what kind of seat belt breaks with only 63,000 miles on a car. Glad I was not in a wreck!!!

Excellent Choice
By pzambrano

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a truck to replace my 1999 Suburban 2500. This truck was an excellent choice, we can still pull our 23 foot boat with ease.

Favorite Features

It has a lot of space, comfort, and style.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is not accurate. The given MPG is off by like 2 miles less approx.

Auto Transmission a potential death trap
By plumbobby0

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

Favorite Features

The LTZ is very well equiped with all the toys and is a pleasure to drive, just don't speed up to pass too hard or else!!!!

Suggested Improvements

A review of the transmission system to rectify the downward "jumping" of gears when passing. I can perform this task at will to prove the problem exists.

So Far....So GREAT!
By tgil

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked long and hard at many midsize SUV's after the desire to step up from a minivan. Settled on the Traverse and no regrets after 15months.

Favorite Features

We just feel it is all we need in a vehicle for a family of 5.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage! We get 16-17 at best.

If You Have 3 or More Children, Read On ....
By massmanboston

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very few choices when looking for 3 rows AND reasonable cargo room and you can't/don't want to own an Expedition/Escalade/Armada, etc. The Traverse is your best choice for ride comfort, roominess, good looks, and features that come close to being worth the price. Choose your options carefully and don't be fooled into paying more than 500-600 over invoice max. If you do your homework and want to spend $35K or less, this is the vehicle for you and you have 3+ kids. Great for the car pool, tailgating, long rides (although mileage kind of sucks), and trips to Lowes. Best options are on LT1 are Bluetooth, sunroof, and heated seats if you can find one that has it. Overall, very well-plsd w/T1 trim

Favorite Features

Cargo room, quiet ride, flexible seating configurations (get the 8 seater), basic sound system (don't opt for the Bose unless it comes standard) and the dual-sunroof (only driver sunroof opens but great views from second one). If you live where it's icy and/or snows you will want the AWD version.

Suggested Improvements

We all know the gas mileage could be better, so aggressive driving = big bucks for gas. 6-speed tranny could downshift better. Watch your options - you might find that an LT2 basic with no options is almost the same price as the LT1 with a few options. Choose lighter colors as the darker ones, though pretty, really pick up dust. Needs some engine choices - the v6 engine is ok but some of us would like more get up and go. Adequate at best.