Oil consumption problem. Motor damage.
By choward41 on
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I feel I have been taken advantage of by GM. My wife called me today while driving my daughter back from a doctors appointment to tell me the engine was making a funny noise. I asked all the normal questions if any trouble lights are on or what all the gauges say. Everything was normal. I told her to drive to nearby dealership. Ended up oil was low. $150 dollars later in rental car fees for 1 day and $100 service oil was added and some additive also for sound when engine was running which will sit over night for check in morning. I start researching on-line and called a family member that works at a chevy dealership and I am shocked!Well documented cases of major oil loss issues.
Favorite Features
None at this time.
Suggested Improvements
How can Chevy/GM know of past TSB bulletins warning of excess oil consumption issues and not notified the consumer! My Tahoe has been taken care of immaculately! It was only 50k miles!These bulletins stated valve cover upgrade, AFM shield install, replace piston oil ring/design flaw 2007 Tahoe V8 5.3L burning oil. Also warranty &service bulletin #10-06-01-0008E fowled plugs! Another great bulletin the consumer never saw J130715.30! I will escalate this issue for sure. Not a happy camper.