Tall Order for Short People
By TahoeMama on
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I love my truck. As someone who drives ALL the time (about 3k mi. a month), I can honestly say I have never felt more comfortable (for the most part), safe, sporty, etc. Its hard to imagine an SUV feeling sexy..but this truck delivers! Its still brand spanking new (4 months old), so if it wasn't still reliable, I would be upset. The fuel rating is actually a bit better than I expected. Prior to this truck, I owned another full sized, albeit 6 cyl., SUV...it got around 20 mpg...my Tahoe gets around 18. I have been supremely pleased with this truck.
Favorite Features
hmmm....probably the massive console area which stores three full sized Mapscos. I also like all of the saftey gadgets/warning signs. What sold me on the car, however, was the color...kind of a super dark gunmetal grey. It almost looks black, but has a very metallic finish.
Suggested Improvements
Drivers seat sucks for someone under 5'2. Also, after three months, the rear a/c quit blowing cold air. Also, some of the enamel around the a/c dials is chipping. Kind of cheaply manufactured IMO. These things seemed unacceptable in a $33k truck, thus my mediocre build qual rating.