Better than expected
By billy wheeler on
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I admit that this Tahoe was not my first choice. I wanted an Armada, but the wife did not want to wait while I saved. We compared it to the Expedition, and it was not an option for us, plus the 3 benches sold the wife on it. We got the 5.3l engine and I am very happy with it. I have installed a K&N FIPK on it and a Flowmster 40 series. While the 40 series is a bit resonant for my taste, the overall improvement (there was an obvious one) was WELL worth the resonation. I have towed a couple of compact vehicles on trailers with the Tahoe and there was little impact to the gas mileage. I wish that the drivers seat design had been designed better, but it isn't TOO uncomfortable for long rides.
Favorite Features
Very good power. Decent gas (actual) mileage for a V-8. Good maneuverability in a parkinglot. Visibility is pretty good. No wind noise! (yay!)
Suggested Improvements
MOVE THE PARKING BRAKE! I kicked it repeatedly until I got used to it. Not my daily driver. (my excuse) tilt the turn signal stalk down just a bit. Its in an unnatural position. Redesign the drivers seat. A bit more ENCLOSED storage would be great.