Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
Chevy SOLD me On FOREIGN TRUCKS; Good Job!!!
By hworth06

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchase this truck with 56,950 miles on it, had it two weeks and the truck is so disappointing (I can't curse on here so I don't care to go into details...but if there is a such thing as a class action suit for this truck I'm jumping on it). All the negative reviews well deserved. I wanted my first pick up truck to be American made but after this experience and diving my company ford work truck, i know my next truck will a Toyota Tundra. So sad America got swept it the auto industy. Now I cringe watching these chevy comercials every 10 minutes pushing these wack trucks. Oh well you learn. #regrets

Favorite Features

I do love the comfort of sitting in the truck, I do feel more macho as if possible, but when it moves all that's out the window. Feels like I'm riding in a haunted house with all the noise the transmission makes.

Suggested Improvements

Better drive trains or transmissions. Not sure if that's one in the same, I'm no mechanic but I know Chevy trucks aren't all what their cracked up to be. Tanks cruise better these things.

Poor Quality Build
By poor_quality

Purchased a new 2010 Silverado and after 200 miles the interior noise became unbearable on the highway. Sounds like the rear passenger door of the crew cab is not closed. The door is closed, but the cab vents behind the rear seats are allowing for loud road noise. Wind noise can be heard though the weather strilling around the doors at hiway speed. Went back to the GM dealership to complain, and even though they admited that my vehicle is louder than most vehicles, I was told that "they all sound like that". I find this an unacceptable answer. The dealership offered to Duct Tape over the cab vents, but this would make closing the doors difficult.

Favorite Features

Good power from the 4.8l engine, traction control works well. Smooth riding vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to the quality of the vehicle. Cheap interior and terrible quality control. How they can mass produce a vehicle with such obvious flaws is a perfect example of how GM went into financial trouble. Show some pride in your product & fix all the wind and road noise issues so you feel like you are driving a solid, quality vehicle.