Wow... an SUV that's light on fuel
By midnight on
2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I have driven 1000 miles so far and I can't believe the fuel efficiency from this SUV! With good driving habits I am getting 18.5 in the city and 30 on the highway. I avoided purchasing an SUV because they are typically gas hogs. This has the perfect mix of MPG/HP/Torque. It's 3500lb towing capacity pulls my camper with ease. The ride is just right. Not squishy like a minivan, but not too truck like either. The steering is not real responsive and takes a few miles to get used to. Once you are accustomed to the feel, you will enjoy its light touch and accuracy. The spare tire is stored inside the SUV keeping it from weathering. The stereo is a bit flat, but acceptable for factory.
Favorite Features
Back seat that slides up to give more cargo area or back for lots of leg room. This back seat keeps my kids happy while on long trips! I also like how comfortable the front seats are. The Leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls is a great feature. Driver info center w/MPG readout!
Suggested Improvements
Center console and better cup holders. I don't think anyone should be juggling their drink while driving, but if you're going to have cup holders at least make them useful!