My first Vette
By NICK on
2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!
Favorite Features
Heads up is nice feature as is the gas guage when it works. My Nissan was a 7 speed 320h lil monster, but it was the worst built car I ever owned, the vette is def muscle with no gimmicks, the manual 6 sp trans works well with the ls1 and she hides her power well but you know its always there for you.
Suggested Improvements
Chevy still doesn't know how to make customers happy. After 20 years same ole song an dance sad but true. Chevy has used the same poor quality alternators, and gas floats for years, I guess the memo never hit anyone's desk, gm should really train everyone all over and back their vehicles for a change.