Used 2005 Cadillac XLR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac XLR - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )

Excellent Car to Drive
By greg holloway

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The exterior and interior look of the Cadillac XLR "turns heads" everywhere you go. Its power and handling feel like a race car. No car make compares with the comfort of Cadillac and the interior seats, by comparison to all other two door sports cars, is unparallelled. Its strong standard features do not make you want to do add ons. This is an exceptional car - GM did this right.

Driving comfort, hanlding and physical appearrance.

None really. I suppose they could insert a V12 engine or increase the trunk space. But the V8 power is sufficient and you do not buy this car for trunk space.

Corvette with Class
By Matt Lucchese

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac XLR is absolutly fantastic! it handles as well as my best friend's Chevrolet Corvette, but it isn't as fast. The car looks much better than the 'vette, and with the luxurious interior, is much more comfortable than it. Having the hardtop convertible is the best feature of the car because you'll never have the old rag look.

Cadillac XLR
By SR

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have previously owned Lexus products including the SC430 and I feel that the Americans, specifically Cadillac have hit the mark on the XLR. It is more powerful, more advanced and certainly more fun to dry than the Lexus. This is remarkable considering that the Lexus is one of the best cars in the world. I feel that the XLR proves that American automakers can, when they want, build a car that is second to none.

Its driveability and styling.

Improve the interior somewhat, add more wood trim.

Most Impressive
By Allan

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I previously had a Mercedes-Benz 500SL, which cost close to $20,000 more than my Cadillac XLR. Even if the numbers were the same I would still opt for the XLR. Across the board, this is one of the best and fun to drive vehicles that I have ever had.

2005 Cadillac XLR
By BobJ

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac XLR has been better than I expected in terms of being fun to drive and the build quality. I have not had any problems with it at all at all after six months of ownership. Heads turn constantly when I drive by. This car is faster than I can go, quicker than I need, and turns and brakes better than my last Porsche. My oonly problem with it, and this is a minor gripe, is that when backing out of a parking space, the roll bar partially blocks my view.

Improve the visibility when backing out of parking. The sun visor does not go up and away enough.