An Example why GM needs bailout money
By Marco Man on
2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
After my wife totalled our 2002 Mitsubishi Montero (which she drove for 7 years without 1 issue) we decided to buy the SRX. Why? It ONLY had 52k miles on it, and it had a 6 year 100k warranty. So here is where the fun begins (not really). 1st week, both rear windows stopped working, rear seats ratted, engine light came on, outside mirrors stopped working and engine was making weird noise. Luckily it was all covered under warranty. In the end, 11 parts were replaced INCLUDING 2 timing chains. Remember this car had only 52k miles on it and was certified pre owned. In the end, seats still rattle, and outside mirrors still dont quite work right. COME ON GM, make a car like the Japanese.
Favorite Features
Wanted to also say, this our first American car we have owned since the early 90's and we will probably sell it soon due to poor mileage and reliability. Drives nice, looks good, Bose system
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage (currently getting 15) fit and finish, fix rattling, use better parts. Now I see why GM needs govt money. I hate to say it, but they should be out of business because they build such bad cars. Dont get me started on the Potiac Grand Am they gave me as a loaner for 4 days.