Used 2001 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

high maintenance
By covergirl

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car is high maintenance. this is my second cadillac and they both leaked oil. the low profile tires are horrible for chuck holes and the winter months. i don't get good "premium" gas mileage because of the engine. whenever you get repairs done it's extra because a lot of the parts are "cadillac" parts. it takes more oil and more of everything. and i always end up paying for new parts that wasn't even broken. but they have to take out to fix the problem.

electrical system. i like how i can set everything how i want it (radio, seat, air/heat mirrors e.t.c)and so can my husband with a push of a button

oil leak problem

Darth Vader's Cadillac
By Firestorm 500

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used black on black STS with 78K miles for my wife. Now it has 118K miles. Generally reliable. Have replaced battery, crank position sensors, engine air tube, engine cooling fan and a few other things. Others are right, car is expensive to have worked on, I only let Cadillac dealer do it. Rides nice, is quiet. Handles good. Bose 4.0 stereo very good. Car still looks good, many favorible comments. Good A/C. Roomy. Trunk is adequate. 300 HP Northstar will fly, but uses oil about 1 qt. every 700 miles or so. About 19 mpg city, 24 highway, regular fuel. Very good traction on wet roads or snow. Stabilitrak helps a lot. Has better build quality than my 97 Eldorado or 97 Catera.

Classy understated Zebrano wood trim, backup monitor, 3 zone climate control, 4 heated seats, Bose 4.0, 17" chrome factory wheels, car looks sporty with long hood/short deck, Driver Information Center, the look of the gauges and heads up display, rides pretty easy and corners great when pushed.

More padding in seat bottom; my 97 Eldo was better. This is a complex car, so I guess I'm glad that more things haven't gone out or needed fixing. I would have a hard time going back to a cheaper car with less features. My wife and I both like this car. The new STS sits hard to me. Maybe a DTS next

Fast Luxury Sedan
By Mike

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the car used with 25K miles. This car is a joy to drive, my wife rarely lets me drive it because I drive it like a sports sedan. The 300hp DOHC 32 valve engine is quiet, but revs quickly & effortlessly to 6500 rpm when needed. Need to pass someone....point it straight, hit the accelerator & you are approaching warp speed vey rapidly (EX: passing 50mph- 85mph in under 6 seconds) in addition to a luxury ride, outstanding heated seats with memory & awesome Bose 6+1 cd changer. For mid 50 year old it is a true luxury hotrod. In town we get 20+ mpg & 25-28 mpg on hiway (as long I don't start driving like speed racer). Great car, somewhat expensive to repair/maintain.

Memory seats, Bose CD/sound, seperate heat/ac controls, heated front & rear seats, smooth effortless acceration, excellent braking, good visibiity,rear sensors, able to hit 135mph + in luxury, very stable. Not your daddy's 69 Caddy (never thought I would own & love a Cad so much).

Could use a larger trunk at times.

Good car
By Judith

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has a classic look and a great ride. Plenty of room for passengers, and comfortable seats too. My STS is great on slippery roads and in snow. There is virtually no air noise. I now have over 95,000 miles on my car, and I am having a hard time thinking about getting rid of it. It's getting older and the value is going down, but I still love it.

I really like the Bose sound system, the instant heat from the seats, and my windshield sensor is the greatest.

There is an area between the console and the seats where things fall down into and it's difficult to get them out. Like keys and cell phones etc. I wish the trunk had more room in it.

Awsome Automobile
By Rob

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car because of its size. I never realized I would come to love it so much. It's a thrill to drive and more comfortable than you would believe. As with any high end vehicle, repairs and parts are costly, though this vehicle has proven to be so reliable that the need for such is few and far between.

The only thing I don't care much for is the turning radius, it's far too wide. My wife has a 2000 Cadillac Escalade and it turns much tighter than the STS.