1990 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Wish I could buy a new one
By Laddie Williams on 07/14/07 15:18 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car. She loves her 90, the way it looks, handles, parks, and rides. When the cruise control quit I thought she would simply die. Otherwise, it has been trouble free. It now had 123,000 miles with no major repairs other than brakes and struts. s

Nice Car...If You Have the Bucks
By Jack on 10/18/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car whe it was twelve years old with 100,000 miles on it. It was very comfortable to ride in, its handling was good (for a car this size), and its power was adequate. This was the first year of multport fuel injection bumping the HP from 155 to 180, something the car definately needed. The backseat is HUGE! The power pulldown trunk is a cool feature. The digital dash was nice, as the analog only goes to 85 MPH. Its gas mileage averaged 15 MPG, in combined city/hwy driving. With high gas prices and these cars requiring premium, it wasn't a good mix. Its body has a nice classic shape. The rear-window is limo-like. Its small, and high rear shelf gives the car a more "private-car" look/feel. The A/C controls are oddly placed thhough.

Makes me Feel Like a King
By Eric on 03/28/06 17:58 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

When I finally had it with foreign make cars, I found this beauty at a used car lot and to my surprise, it was very cheap. It was only cheap because the driver door didn't open at all. After a test drive, I knew I had to have this car. It had about 121, 000 miles on it but drove like it had only 1,000. Everytime I get into it, I feel nothing but pure relaxation and like I can drive for days at a time. It still needs some minor work, but I am making this classic my new hobby and gonna restore this thing to it's orginal beauty.

Very Pleased
By jp on 06/11/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Owned for about 7 yrs - had 23,000 mi then, now 158000. Used to get 26 mpg on highway. Very comfortable with plenty of power and we love the style and color. We love it but have had mechanical issues - new radiator, replace fuel injectors, rebuild transmission, load leveler work required, antenna motor gone out and other minor issues. Currently heater- air conditioner relation is squirrely. Even through all of that we still find it hard to give up so plan to run it for many more miles.

Cheap and reliable
By Cad Man on 06/10/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have had several Cadillacs over the years. Each one seems to be a little better than the last in some way or another. I drove this car on a 2,500 mile trip with no issues at all and averaged 26 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. If you are looking for a pretty reliable car for not a lot of money, this is one to consider. It has 142,000 miles and counting.

Great car!
By Swami on 12/23/04 22:42 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love my 1990 Cadillac DeVille in just about every way. I bought it in 2002 with 55,000 miles on it, and have had little or no trouble with it, until recently. I put a third new battery in it yesterday...the third one in eleven months. I've taken it to two different mechanics, and they can't explain why the batteries are going bad on me. Since I have two small children, I may have to sell it since I need something reliable. I love the car in every way, with the exception of the recent reliability problems.

1990 Caddy - the last of the great ones.
By super cadillac on 12/15/04 17:38 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

The classic lines of the 1990 Cadillac DeVille exude elegance and the responsive engine responds to to the depression of your foot with out hesitation. It is a beatiful thing and an incredibly reliable car, despite the age and cannot be replaced today when you compare the value. If you can find one you to will know what it means to drive a Cadillac. This is the kind of car that has helped Cadillac stay on top. The interior space is unrivaled even by limo standards. My wife and I love to drive this car on long trips and arrive fresh and not tired. Another great, well kept secret is that the car is a monster in the snow. Teenagers get a big surprise at red lights when I leave them in my review mirror in their Ford Mustang 5.0.

Las Vegas Boulevard Cruiser
By M G. Brown on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

My late Stepfather originally owned this car, and true to form of older persons it was driven mostly to the "club" and to church; only 49,000 miles as of 01/2004. Although cars such as Cadillac are criticized as having poor fuel economy, my DeVille gives average highway fuel figures of between 21-22 mpg in winter conditions- with commanding passing power when needed. This is much better than a co-worker's Escalade SUV which is lucky to achieve 14-15 mpg in the same conditions- and he would rather that we take my DeVille out for lunch because he says it's much more comfortable!

Just like new
By shmoooze on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I had a 85 coupe de ville several years ago that I loved. I bought my 90 in 2003 with only 33,000 miles on it. Literally owned by a little old lady from new who passed away. Only thing I dont like is the Carriage Vinyl roof (half roof) which I had to replace)

Classic Cadillac - Lasts a Lifetime!
By cpcpension on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Bought from private party, a 77 year old woman who drove it less than 2000 miles per year. looks brand new, finish shines!