2007 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Wow!

2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Review

2007 BMW X3 SUV

Wow!
By Joyce Winter on

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drug my husband to test drive the Lexus Hybrid SUV, he drug me to test drive the X3. On paper I really thought we would like the Lexus better, but the X3 won hands down. Easier to turn into a parking space, felt roomier in the front, so much fun to drive. I'm only 5'4" but felt I could see out of the X3 better and with more personal space. Now my husband and I are at odds over who gets to drive the SUV (it's MINE). Who would have thought?

The feel of it driving - I really feel the road without sacrificing comfort. It's like driving a sportscar that has room for my family & my stuff (I'm a Realtor & have lots of stuff). I also like the hands free phone interface - but it has yet to correctly import the contacts from my Treo 700W.

The navigation system is by far the weakest link. The line that shows you where you are going is white on a beige background and is hard to see. I can't pan and zoom. I do like the way it pops up and down. And the way phones are becoming nav systems, it was the least important feature to me.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review