Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Another Home Run!
By Sheldon

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I are thrilled with our new 750Li. We own a 2004 X5 and this is an amazing and luxurious addition. No problems and the iDrive is finally worth it! The 750Li and it's adaptive suspension makes us smile every time life throws us a bump! We will own one for life!

Adaptive suspension, automatic shades, rear seat reclining and automation. The iDrive has greatly improved and the Sirius integration is fabulous. The adjustable 3D GPS system is very easy to 'navigate'.

BMW might consider adopting a larger moon roof like the Mercedes. They have added a larger one in the 2005/06 X5 but it would be a nice feature on their flagship sedan.

The 750 is the Best!
By Rick Alsema

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I agaonized about a what new car to buy after losing interest and patience with MB. Looked at Jag Super V8, A8 but the 750 was miles ahead of either. The iDrive is a joy and it makes you question the capabilities of current auto journalists who have not gotten used to this in the past 5 years. Love the power, space and most of the features. Extremely comfortable on any road surface. The car just looks great and does everything the way a car should. The power rear seats are a must and the rear DVD system is great on trips. The car has been totally flawless up to this point and everyone who sees it is impressed and curious.

The exterior and interior styling. The comfort and adjustability of the seating. Great stereo. The car is just very impressive in all areas.

The fact that you have to manually turn on the front parking sensors (unless you engage reverse first) is just dumb. I would like to see more "personalizing" features such as locking preferences and lighting preferences be available through iDrive.

Fast, Great Handling, Reliable Car
By Orange County Driver

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This 750i with sports package is my fourth BMW. Compared to my past 2001 540i with sports package, this car has a better ride, handling, acceleration, comfort, and features. The comfort sports seats are firm, but not too constraining, with a highly adjustable back rest. The Bluetooth phone with docking cradle works extremely well, with clients believing that I am in the office when talking hands free. Logic 7 stereo with Sirius satellite radio is the best sound system I have had in a car. The 750i handles great, with very good steering wheel/road feel, and near level cornering. The car has been very reliable so far (6000 miles), with only one problem, a creaky windshield that was fixed

Bluetooth phone with pull out of dash phone pad, fully auto sun shades and soft close doors/trunk (great for sleeping baby), iDrive, steering column mounted drive shift lever (allows for great cup holders), Logic 7 stereo with back seat DVD, quietness, ride, comfort access, and quickness/handling.

Comfort sport seats are a little on the firm side. Consider offering head up display as in current 5 Series (although perfect instruments position on the 750i). Should offer an iPod connection, but with Sirius, I don't really mind. Floor mats with BMW logo on drivers side. Otherwise, nothing!

Another Lemon!!
By Bret Temple

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

When I first got my 750, I was very excited. its been in the shop now 3 times for major engine problems. The car just died in the middle of driving and had to have the entire ignition system replaced in the first 2 months. it. To me that is unacceptable, and was very dangerous when I was on the Freeway. I'm not very happy, and I am currently pursuing The Lemon Law. It's too bad, because I really enjoyed the car. Too many electronics, BMW needs to chill out on that, and just build a reliable car.

Bluetooth technology. Great stereo.

Enough with the High Tech Electronics. Something always goes wrong. I need a car that is going start, and work every day, not just look good.

Best of the Best
By harold

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 740, 745 and now a 750. While I enjoyed each of them and stayed with BMW, the 750Li is even better, by far. It's as though my 745 went to the gym for 6 months. Tighter, faster, smoother and easier electronics. I looked at MB 550,Jag Super V8, and Audi 8. All were much more money to lease (BMW hs highest residual) and each is a great car. The 750 is the best of the best. So far, (2500 miles) no issues or problems. It even looks better.

Comfort, power and convenience

Include the phone adapter as part of the car, not an add on.