Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Transmission Issues!!! Avoid if possible
By warmstead

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned BMW's since early 90's - 735i, 745i and now 750i. The 750i is by far the best and worst of the 7 series. if you have a 745 series!! KEEP IT!!! much better car then the 750i... I have had transimission issues " the Jerk or safe mode problems etc" was told everything from need to replace the transimission to it needs a software upgrade. Great looking car but just not worth the investment with today's economy... "Anyone wants to buy a 2006 BMW 750i ? will make you a heck of a deal...

Favorite Features

Luxury package

Suggested Improvements

better transimission !!!!

Very Unimpressive Compared to past
By Dr. Ron Federici

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I was one of the first to buy the 2006 750Li when i was almost sold on the Mercedes S-500. My sales person assured me this new BMW "was far better than the rest". Just not true. Instrumentation panel and workings are very poor, distracting, and not efficient for the driver. Knobs and a huge "dial" to manage the car is uncomfortable and unsafe, as you must always focus on the screen vs the road. Seats are not great, gas use poor, and just not a comfortable or appealing interior. Not worth the money or wait. I am trading it on the Mercedes which beats it in all areas for the same price. I have owned many BMWs and luxury cars, and this one is, by far, the worst.

Favorite Features

Exterior is fine, engine and ride are good

Suggested Improvements

Total redesign of the interior and instrumentation. Just plain poor. I have owned many BMWs and this is a true disappointment

A great car!
By Marty

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Once you master the iDrive, which takes a little practice, it becomes simple. the vehicle has wonderful features, that other cars lack. It is a very quiet,very smooth, & very swift piece of work. The luxury seats are extremely comfortable. the luxury sound system is awsome. The fit & finish are perfect. AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth. Seat comfort. Sound system. Silence & swiftness. Auto park feature.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation is cumbersome to enter destinations. Should be touch screen. CD system sould be able to randomly play discs & should not cancel when radio is played. Door handle beams don't remain on long enough. Remote door lock should be programmable to open all doors on one push or two.

The new 7
By GA

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Incredible car....I owned a 745 previously. This car seems so much quicker and responsive. Beside better acceleration this car seems tighter and begs to be driven harder. If they could only figure out how to make the I- drive more intuitive, and do away with the 30 second chime for the seat belt, I would be hard pressed to find any flaws with the new 7.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

I don't need a 30 second chime to remind me that I'm not wearing my seatbelt.

2006 - 760i
By rick

2006 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

The car is a most responsive machine. It is comfortable yet able to handle the road very well at any speed. Cornering feels as if the tires have glue on them. In all a fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

12 cylinder engine

Suggested Improvements

add more sensors to front end to avoid damage from high parking curbs. I have broken front spoiler twice.