Yeah, baby!!
By Childersb on
2000 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan
My wife made me buy it. Honest! I was set on a 2002 Lexus IS300. Boy, was she ever right! There is just no comparison between the two. This is by far a classier, more powerful (and expensive) animal of a car! And, I bought it with17K miles for $10K below book. Yeah, baby!! I bought an Extended Warranty for $2400 and have gotten $2000 worth of use from it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR THESE CARS!! As has been said, repairs are expensive -every time. Though, I have had no major issues with this car. I put Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Pole Position tires - $1Kfor 4 - 20K miles a set - on this car. It LOVES the rain, almost better than the dry road. I LOVE THIS CAR!
Favorite Features
Speed, handling, 6-speed, creature comforts inside. I can run off and leave just about anybody - and, boy is that fun.
Suggested Improvements
The automatic climate controls leave something to be desired. 35 degrees outside, temp set to 74 degrees (bothsides) and it's blowing COLD A/C in my face - maddening. United BMW can't seem to hear me tell them it's BROKEN. Tomohawks are pretty fragile and expensive to replace. Cupholders SUCK!